Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Coordinator, Digital Motion Graphics & Graphic Design with Philadelphia Union in Chester · PA
Philadelphia Union jobs
Sports Jobs in Chester · PA
Web/Creative Services: Graphic Design/Creative Services
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Philadelphia was awarded the 16th Major League Soccer franchise in February, 2008 and the team was officially announced as the Philadelphia Union in May, 2009. Owned and operated by Keystone Sports and Entertainment LLC (“KSE”), the group launched the Philadelphia Union's inaugural season in 2010 and opened Talen Energy Stadium in June, 2010. Talen Energy Stadium is an 18,500 seat, world-class soccer specific stadium that sits beautifully along the Delaware River at the base of the Commodore Barry Bridge and is only 15 miles from downtown Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Union’s culture and brand positioning of Young, Fearless, Challengers differentiates us from others and focuses our vision to be unafraid and defy the ordinary. KSE is relentlessly pursuing excellence both on and off the field and will lead the way, set the standards and share the glory. Our connection to Philadelphia is symbolized in the Club’s crest as the snake, colors, shield, slogan and thirteen stars all represent Philadelphia as the original capital city and its call to action during the American Revolution.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Our goal is to become the most innovative, engaging, and exciting digital brand in MLS. As such, we are seeking a new team member to fulfill the below objectives by performing the duties and responsibilities listed.
Create motion graphics, video, and graphics assets for Philadelphia Union’s social media channels and website while growing written and social media management skills.
Produce visual content for Philadelphia Union’s digital channels using motion graphics, video editing, and photo editing software. Sports/portrait photography skills preferred, not required.
- Tell stories by creating micro-content in a fast-paced environment
- Understand social media content and how to interact with a fan base through varied social media channels
- Develop motion graphics, video, and graphic design skills in an environment that allows for independence and growth
- Identify viral trends and incorporate the Union brand into them
- Help grow the Union brand through visual creativity as part of the Union digital team
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop their visual and written assets in new and exciting directions
Demonstrate exciting, innovative, and thoughtful creative ability across numerous applications and programs
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software, specifically After Effects, Premier, and Photoshop
- Basic photography skills and willingness to learn/improve
- Willingness to learn how to target content toward specific digital channels, including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and websites
- A desire to grow graphic design, video editing, and motion graphics skills; you will have ample space to experiment and grow in this position
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights/weekends/all Union game days and occasional Union II game days
*Flexible schedule required to successfully complete job requirements, including nights, weekends and holidays*
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, Rx and dental coverage, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, Life Insurance, Disability, a merchandise discount, 24/7 Fitness Center, on-site cafe, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?