Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Coordinator, Accounting with Philadelphia Union in CHESTER · PA
Philadelphia Union jobs
Sports Jobs in CHESTER · PA
Accounting and Finance: Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable
ABOUT OUR COMPANY:
Philadelphia was awarded the 16th Major League Soccer franchise in February, 2008 and the team was officially announced as the Philadelphia Union in May, 2009. Owned and operated by Keystone Sports and Entertainment LLC (“KSE”), the group launched the Philadelphia Union's inaugural season in 2010 and opened Talen Energy Stadium in June, 2010. Talen Energy Stadium is an 18,500 seat, world-class soccer specific stadium that sits beautifully along the Delaware River at the base of the Commodore Barry Bridge and is only 15 miles from downtown Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Union’s culture and brand positioning of Young, Fearless, Challengers differentiates us from others and focuses our vision to be unafraid and defy the ordinary. KSE is relentlessly pursuing excellence both on and off the field and will lead the way, set the standards and share the glory. Our connection to Philadelphia is symbolized in the Club’s crest as the snake, colors, shield, slogan and thirteen stars all represent Philadelphia as the original capital city and its call to action during the American Revolution.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
This position is responsible for overseeing the Accounts Payable process of the Company in addition to providing support in other areas of the department. The ideal candidate is familiar with all aspects of accounting, has a strong desire to learn and grow within the department to expand to other areas of additional responsibility. The candidate should be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as a member of a team.
- Oversee Accounts Payable functions including review of invoices and expense reports and entry into accounting system
- Maintain invoice records and accounts payable vendor files
- Print, distribute and manage invoice payment process on a weekly basis
- Manage vendor relationships
- Review and resolve invoice discrepancies
- Track and reconcile monthly corporate card expenses
- Oversee the process and reconciliation of monthly use tax payments
- Prepare and review 1099’s and W2G’s
- Assist with other accounting specific functions as needed. Areas will include journal entries, bank reconciliations, monthly reporting, and balance sheet schedules
- Assist in the annual external audit process
- Assist with other accounting and administrative functions as directed by management
- Assist with other treasury, accounting and finance functions as directed by management
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting or finance
- One to two years of prior accounting work experience in accounting is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Strong work ethic, team-oriented attitude, and enthusiastic about contributing to the success of the organization and department
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Results-oriented demeanor and a strong desire to succeed
- Strong compute skills including high level knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics SL software preferred but not required
- Candidate must have the flexibility to work at games and events in evenings and on weekends
*Flexible schedule required to successfully complete job requirements, including nights, weekends and holidays*
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision, Rx and dental coverage, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, Life Insurance, Disability, a merchandise discount, 24/7 Fitness Center, on-site cafe, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?