Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Communications Intern (Spring 2020) with Philadelphia Union in Chester · PA
Philadelphia Union jobs
Sports Jobs in Chester · PA
As the Communication Intern, you will be responsible for assisting the Communications Department in day-to-day operations. The club is looking both for an in-office interns as well as Matchday-only interns.
Applicants should be familiar with Microsoft Office and possess excellent written and editing skills. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of soccer and preferably be fluent in English and Spanish.
The Communications internship is for students who are looking to enhance their public relations and writing skills in the sports industry. Internships with Philadelphia Union will provide qualified interns with an assortment of valuable learning experiences and exposure to all facets of a professional soccer team’s front office. Interns will be asked to work nights and weekends, including most, if not all, Philadelphia Union home matches
- Assistance with game notes for media
- Compilation of daily press clips
- Assist with writing press releases
- Assist with credentialing
- Creation of written content with opportunity for published byline
- Press box runner (matchday only)
- Prepare and run press box during game (matchday only)
Collection and transcription of postgame quotes (matchday only)
*This is an unpaid, academic internship. To be considered, you must be receiving academic credit*
If selected for an internship with the Philadelphia Union the intern will be required to provide the following clearances:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check
- An FBI Criminal Background Check if you have not been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for 10 years. If you have been a continuous resident of PA for the last 10 years, you may affirm in writing that you have no other convictions that would disqualify employment.
How did you hear about this job?
When will you start?
When will you end?
Are you receiving academic credit fro this internship?
Are you aware that this an unpaid internship?