Youth Lead Scout - Orlando City SC (Orlando · FL)
REPORTS TO: Technical Director, Head of Scouting
- Scout players for the academy teams primarily within the USA
- Manage the academy scouts’ network
- Develop relationship with local youth clubs and academies
- Explore and scout youth players in MLS open territories
- Seek and organize opportunities for national and international games and/or tournaments for the academy teams
- Seek opportunities to academy players that will not pursue a professional pathway (i.e., college, developmental leagues, etc.)
- Attend academy teams practices and games
- Assist the academy and OC youth affiliate club’s coaches in the technical coordination of their programs
- Visit and scout OC youth affiliate club’s players
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in scouting youth players
- Strong knowledge of Florida’s youth clubs/player’s landscape
- Hold a US Soccer C Coaching License or higher
- High level of proficiency working with Word documents, Scout7/ISF, Wyscout, presentations, etc.
- Clear background check.
- Completion of Safe Sport Training.
- Ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, players, etc.
- Guided by strong moral and ethical principles, able to handle confidential information
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
How did you hear about this position? Teamwork, Referral (who?), job board?
Will you now or in the future require authorization to work in the US for our club?
What are your salary expectations?
Do you currently hold a US Soccer C Coaching License or higher?