Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Video Analysis Intern with Orlando City SC - Development Academy in
Orlando City SC - Development Academy jobs
Sports Jobs in
Web/Creative Services: Media/Video Production
Title: Video Analysis Intern
Department: Development Academy
Reports to: Academy Administrator
Internship Summary: Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC is seeking hardworking, positive and passionate individuals who wish to supplement their classroom instruction with practical experience facilitating in Video Analysis supporting the development academy of a professional soccer team. The Video Analysis Intern will work closely with members of the development academy.
APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist with analyzing video all the training sessions, home and away matches to provide insight for pre and post-match analysis for platers and opponents.
· Learn how to edit videos for in house purposes of scouting and play study for OCB and OCSC.
· Learn how to maintain inventory, video equipment, tapes, and supplies.
· Assist/learn how to provide reports for coaching staff through video for analysis of players for individual and team performance.
· In addition to daily assignments, each student will have the opportunity to learn and be involved with assignments in accounting, scheduling, developing and writing operations manuals and data analysis.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in journalism, film, or video with an interest in working in sports.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish/Portuguese a plus.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and My Video Analyzer, Sportscode, etc.
· Maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality within a pro-team environment is required.
· Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability.
· Possess a positive, outgoing, engaging and professional personality.
· Strong understanding and passion for the sport of soccer are preferred.
· Availability during non-traditional office hours in non-traditional settings, including holidays, nights and weekends.
About Orlando City SC
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team. In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions.
In March 2017, Orlando City SC unveiled its brand new, privately financed downtown stadium. With a capacity of 25,500 fans, Orlando City Stadium creates the most exciting game-day experience for fans in the country.
Orlando City SC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, visit www.orlandocitysc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?