Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Get involved in America's fastest growing sport by joining Major League Soccer or its teams!
If you are interested in working with us at Major League Soccer, please apply for a job.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Vice President of Marketing
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Background: After winning three USL Pro regular season championships and two postseason titles over a four-year span, Orlando City SC quickly set the standard for professional soccer clubs both on and off the field and was awarded the 21st Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise on Nov. 19, 2013. The Lions played their first two seasons in MLS at the Orlando Citrus Bowl, where they held the second-highest average attendance in MLS. In 2016, the Club launched Orlando Pride in the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) and Orlando City B in the United Soccer League (USL).
In March 2017, Orlando City SC unveiled its brand new, privately financed downtown stadium. With a capacity of 25,500 fans, Orlando City Stadium creates the most exciting game-day experience for fans in the country.
Please visit www.orlandocitysc.com for more information.
Position Summary: The Vice President of Marketing will report to the Chief Executive Officer. This senior staff position will lead the daily marketing activities of the Club and is responsible for the management and coordination of all creative projects, promotions, events, personnel and the departmental budget. We seek a proven collaborator who has a strong grasp of our brand and a brilliant creative mind to help us achieve our goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for devising the Club’s overall marketing plan/strategy and manages all creative projects produced by the department.
- Oversees all promotional and advertising elements for the Club including digital, print, broadcast, direct mail, email, web and social media.
- Responsible for planning and executing marketing and promotional activities/events.
- Oversees gameday production (e.g., P.A. script, videoboard, music, etc.).
- Takes creative ownership of fan experience and brand management.
- Manages the departmental budget as well as projecting and forecasting expenditures.
- Responsible for developing and executing media buying strategy and placement.
- Develops marketing partnerships and trade agreements.
- Leads the development and production of promotional products, deals and tie-ins for partnership fulfillment and fan giveaways.
- Leads department staff including Director of Marketing, Sr. Marketing Coordinator, Graphic Designers, Staff Photographer, etc.
- Works with internal departments (Sales, Corporate Partnerships, LionNation, etc.) to ensure marketing needs are fulfilled as requested.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience in marketing. Agency experience a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sports marketing experience preferred but not required.
- Exceptional creative abilities; looking to push the envelope and develop and implement fresh ideas.
- Strong leadership skills with proven experience managing multiple personnel, projects and timelines.
- Ability to analyze and prepare a budget and project/forecast marketing program costs based on industry and historical data.
- Extensive knowledge of marketing, media buying, promotions, event planning, digital media, social media, multicultural marketing and the creative process.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish/Portuguese) fluency a plus.
- Ability to work holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team atmosphere.
Salary: TBD – commensurate with applicant’s qualifications.
How did you hear about this job?