Title: Team City Member
Reports to: Manager, Marketing and Fan Engagement
FLSA: Part-time; Hourly; Non-exempt; Seasonal
Position Summary: Orlando City SC is seeking an energetic and self-motivated individual interested in obtaining practical and relevant experience in the field of sports marketing through various events and event promotions. This position will primarily assist in grassroots marketing efforts at specific events within the Central Florida community and on gameday for fan engagement. The part-time employee will mainly work on weekends with some weekday events and games throughout the year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent OCSC at local and regional events: watch parties, festivals, appearances, and other various assigned events.
- Contribute to game day fan engagement opportunities such as fan zone, game production, mascot, etc.
- Create a fun and interactive environment and encourage both current and prospective fans to engage and participate in activations.
- Proactively seek and engage in conversations with potential new customers to generate and build on a new fan database.
- Organize and manage all marketing assets, equipment, inventory, etc. at events.
- Represent and sell OCSC brand in a positive light with utmost integrity, understanding that you are the Face of Orlando City Soccer Club, and the first interaction people might have with the Club.
- Report event feedback/information/data insights to the reporting manager.
- Creatively solve problems while embracing ambiguity at events regardless of the situation.
- Assist in event setup/ breakdown and ensure proper care of marketing assets, etc.
- Exhibits good interpersonal skills; collaborates with others; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities.
- Highly responsive individual that exhibits superior communication and time management skills, while coordinating multiple event calendars.
- Must live in the Central Florida area.
- Must be available to work at least two events per month not including game days.
- Must have a reliable form of transportation.
- Must be available to work flexible hours which could include nights, weekends and holidays. Including but not limited to games and events throughout peak times of the season (March-November).
- Available to work non-traditional hours in non-traditional settings.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. when required that includes but are not limited to: inflatables, tents, tables, etc.
About Orlando City SC
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC re-launched OCB to bridge the gap between its successful youth academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL). The Pride began league play in 2016 bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time. As part of the preeminent Orlando City Soccer Club, the Pride joined Orlando City SC of Major League Soccer and Orlando City B of USL League One. In 2017, the Pride and Orlando City SC moved its home matches into Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium located in the heart of downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the Central Florida region and a roster composed of renowned international talent that includes Champions League winners, Women’s World Cup champions, Olympic gold medalists and some of the best global talent in all of soccer, Orlando City SC and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes and innovative business operations.
Orlando City SC is committed to setting the global standard for professional soccer teams and is guided by the following principles:
TO BRING OUR COMMUNITY TOGETHER, CREATE LASTING MEMORIES, AND FUEL PASSION FOR SOCCER.
BE THE ENVY OF OUR LEAGUE THROUGH PERFORMANCE, RELEVANCY, AND ENTERPRISE VALUE.
ENTERTAIN, UNIFY, AND INSPIRE OUR COMMUNITY THROUGH PASSIONATE SOCCER & SERVICE.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.