Staff Accountant - Orlando City SC (Orlando · FL)
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
TITLE: Staff Accountant
REPORTS TO: Controller
REPORTS TO: Controller
FLSA: Full-time, Exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
You are a self-starting, highly organized and detail-oriented Accountant with a track record of accurately and efficiently supporting overall accounting activities on behalf of the club. You are an eager team player with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs day-to-day accounting activities on a timely and accurate basis to ensure accurate and timely month-end and year-end financial statement close and financial records are maintained in compliance with GAAP and company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and record monthly; journal entries, account reconciliations, roll forwards, accruals, reclassifications, intercompany transactions, and other supporting schedules; actively investigating reconciling items to resolve timely.
- Assists with all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts/budgets; annual and monthly financial statements; other accounting reports; and complete ad hoc financial analysis and special projects as necessary.
- Participates in continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Perform analysis and review of weekly payables submitted by other departments and submit weekly AP wires and check requests for payment approval.
- Detail processing for accounts payable invoices and expense reports.
- Prepare periodic management reports and accompanying schedules.
- Correspond with vendor inquires and resolve any discrepancies noted.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Support the BVA process on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis by performing variance analysis.
- Contribute to various projects working with minimal supervision, including assisting other departments and team members, as directed to meet company and departmental goals.
- Assist with other accounting functions as needed, including administration work.
- Assist with event settlements and end of the year stadium settlement.
- Other duties as assigned.
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer and entertainment. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- 2+ years of experience within the accounting field.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Excel, accounting and banking systems.
- Experience with any of the following a plus: Salesforce or Concur.
- Must have strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a take-charge, forward-thinking person who is able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
How did you hear about this position? Teamwork, Referral (who?), job board?
Will you now or in the future require authorization to work in the US for our club?
What are your salary expectations?