Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Staff Accountant with Orlando City Soccer Club in Orlando, FL
Orlando City Soccer Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando, FL
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Reports to: Controller
Reports to: Controller
Background: After winning three USL-Pro regular season championships and two postseason titles over a four-year span, Orlando City SC quickly set the standard for professional soccer clubs both on and off the field and was awarded the 21st Major League Soccer (MLS) franchise on Nov. 19, 2013. The Lions played their first two seasons in MLS at the Orlando Citrus Bowl, where they held the second-highest average attendance in MLS. In 2016, the Club launched Orlando Pride in the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) and Orlando City B in the United Soccer League (USL).
In March 2017, Orlando City SC unveiled its brand new, privately financed downtown stadium. With a capacity of 25,500 fans, Orlando City Stadium creates the most exciting game-day experience for fans in the country.
For more information, visit www.orlandocitysc.com.
Position Summary:The Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparing and loading journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules, bank reconciliations, and preparation of financial statements. Additional functions include assisting with monthly closings and account analysis, and supporting the Accounting and Finance team in ad hoc analysis and functions. This position will also handle accounts receivable/payable, invoicing, credit card and expense report reconciliations and payroll.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with month end closing procedures, including journal entry preparation for various activities such as ticket revenue recognition, sponsorship revenue recognition, merchandise sales and prepaid expenses.
- Responsible for daily cash management with cash from invoices, box office and merchandise sales, and prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Verify and post entries to subsidiary and general ledger accounts, including trial balance analysis.
- Detail processing for accounts payable invoices and expense reports.
- Improve vendor relationships and manage contracts while searching for expense improvements.
- Assist Controller with financial reporting requirements as needed.
- Assist with event settlements and end of the year stadium settlement.
- Complete ad hoc financial analysis and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- 2+ years of experience within the accounting field.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Excel, accounting and banking systems.
- Experience with any of the following a plus: QuickBooks, Salesforce, Archtics, FinancialForce, Concur.
- Must have strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a take-charge, forward thinking person who is able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
Salary:TBD – commensurate with applicant’s qualifications.
How did you hear about this job?