Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Soccer Operations Internship Spring 2020 with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Title: Soccer Operations Internship
Department: Soccer Operations
Reports to: Executive Staff, Team Administrators, Equipment Managers
Internship Summary: Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC seeks highly motivated individuals capable of assisting in the operation of the Club’s overall team administration, operations and player fulfillment. Selected interns will work under the close supervision of the team operations executive staff, team administrators and equipment managers assisting on a variety of critical activities in support of the Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride and OCB teams. Soccer Operations Interns will have the opportunity to supplement classroom instruction and gain practical and valuable learning experiences.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and learn about team administrative and operational tasks such as team travel, team logistics and player support.
- Assist and learn about the preparation of game days and special soccer events, including team equipment and player needs.
- Assist team staff during first team training sessions, operations and events.
- Assist the Youth Development program games, training sessions and events as needed.
- Assist with transporting players/staff to various locations throughout the Orlando area.
- Assist staff with various administrative and operational tasks as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in sports business, management or a related field. Candidates must be able to receive credit for participating in our internship program.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish/Portuguese a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Maintain highest level of professionalism and confidentiality within a pro-team environment is required.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability.
- Possess a positive, outgoing, engaging and professional personality.
- Strong understanding and passion for the sport of soccer is preferred.
- Ability to work nontraditional hours in nontraditional settings, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Internship is unpaid. Student must be receiving school credit.
- Applicant must have valid driver license/reliable method of transportation.
- Start/End dates are flexible throughout the season and can be discussed during the interview.
About Orlando City SC:
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL. Lastly, the Orlando City Foundation is active in the community year-round, promoting health and wellness in children throughout the region, and raising funds for and volunteering time for various local organizations.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?