Senior Assistant Athletic Trainer, Soft Tissue Specialist - Orlando City SC (Orlando · FL)
Reports to: Director of Physiology & Sport
- Performs as a Certified Assistant Athletic Trainer in managing the health care of Orlando City players.
- Health care duties include but is not limited to first aid/emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals.
- Conduct soft tissue and movement-based evaluations to develop long term care plans for individual athletes.
- Maintain a complete and up to date roster of player health and participation records in the League-provided electronic medical record system.
- Order, maintain and inventory supplies and clinical equipment.
- Keep athletic training room and clinic area safe, clean, and organized.
- Provide medical assistance to the athletic training staff.
- Comply with all League medical policies and protocol.
- Comply with all OSHA Standards and regulations including blood borne pathogens.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required by the Director of Physiology.
- Minimum four (4) year Bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred Masters Degree in health related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of sports medicine.
- Medical soccer experience preferred (exception may be granted for experience in other professional sports).
- NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer.
- Licensed to practice in the State of Florida.
- CPR certification.
- Possess personal professional liability insurance.
- A high level of biomechanical / soft tissue mobilization experience required.
- Soft Tissue / Movement Specialization preferred (i.e., PRI, SFMA, MAT, ART).
With a footprint across the Central Florida region and a roster composed of renowned international talent that includes Champions League winners, Women’s World Cup champions, Olympic gold medalists and some of the best global talent in all of soccer, Orlando City SC and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes and innovative business operations.
Orlando City SC is committed to setting the global standard for professional soccer teams and is guided by the following principles:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Are you currently CPR certified?
Are you currently NATA BOC certified?
Are you currently AT state licensed? If so where?
Are you currently Florida AT state licensed
Do you have any or all of the following CREDENTIALS? MAT FMS PRI ART PES CES CSCS If so, which ones?
Do you now or will you in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status to work legally for our Club in the United States?