Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Scouting Intern with Orlando City SC - Development Academy in
Orlando City SC - Development Academy jobs
Sports Jobs in
Title: Scouting Intern
Department: Development Academy
Reports to: Scouting Intern
Internship Summary: Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC is seeking hardworking, positive and passionate individuals who wish to supplement their classroom instruction with practical experience facilitating scouting in the support of Orlando City SC Development Academy professional soccer team. The Scouting Intern will work closely with members of the Development Academy staff and players.
APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with scouting local youth in the greater central Florida region (Central, North and Panhandle)
- Assist/Learn how to develop training sessions according to the team’s schedule
- Collaborate with staff on observations of player feedback by providing insight on strength and weaknesses to create reports as directed by staff
- Learn how players are scouted and recruited for development academy
- Create/Provide a depth chart of scouted players
- In addition to daily assignments, each student will have the opportunity to learn and be involved with assignments in accounting, scheduling, developing and writing operations manuals and data analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree sport management, marketing, or communications with an interest in working in sports.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish/Portuguese a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality within a pro-team environment is required.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability.
- Possess a positive, outgoing, engaging and professional personality.
- Strong understanding and passion for the sport of soccer are preferred.
Availability during non-traditional office hours in non-traditional settings, including holidays, nights and weekends.
About Orlando City SC
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL. Lastly, the Orlando City Foundation is active in the community year round, promoting health and wellness in children throughout the region, and raising funds for and volunteering time for various local organizations.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
For more information, visit www.orlandocitysc.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?