Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Performance Nutrition Internship (2018)
Reports to: Team Performance Nutritionist/Dietitian
- Assist in managing, purchasing, and stocking food/supplies and supplements for the meal room/kitchen, locker room, and game day.
- Assist with breakfast and lunch meals (prep, serve, clean up) per team meals.
- Monitor meals for quality control and menu adherence.
- Maintain equipment, including warming units, blenders, refrigerators and microwaves.
- Assist with individual daily nutrition plans; Pre, during and post-workout nutrition prescriptions determined by Team Performance Nutritionist.
- Assist with hydration and body composition testing, as needed per Team Performance Nutritionist or Performance Staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Team Performance Nutritionist and Kitchen Coordinator.
- Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in a health related field: Nutrition, Exercise Science, Human Performance, Wellness, Culinary Arts, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish/Portuguese a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Maintain highest level of professionalism and confidentiality within a pro-team environment is required.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability.
- Possess a positive, outgoing, engaging and professional personality.
- Strong understanding and passion for the sport of soccer is preferred.
- Ability to work nontraditional hours in nontraditional settings, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Commences January 2018. Volunteer position/unpaid/college credit.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you eligible to receive academic credit as a result of this internship?
What semester(s) are you available to intern? (please specify Summer, Fall or Spring)
What days and times are you available to intern? (note: Breakfast shift starts 6:30/7:00 am, Game day shift 5-10 pm)