Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Performance Nutrition Intern (2020 Season) with Orlando City Soccer Club in Orlando · FL
Department: Soccer Operations
Reports to: Director of Performance Nutrition/Team Dietitian
Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include marketing, public relations, media, soccer operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem solving, time management, communication, and writing skills. This is a volunteer position, unpaid.
OCSC training locations:
Men's team: Osceola Heritage Park (Kissimmee, FL)
Women's team: Sylvan Lake Training Facility (Sanford, FL)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing, purchasing, and stocking food/supplies and supplements for the meal room/kitchen, locker room, and game day.
- Assist with breakfast and lunch meals (prep, serve, clean up) per team meals.
- Monitor meals for nutrition, quality control and menu adherence.
- Maintain equipment, including warming units, blenders, refrigerators and microwaves.
- Assist with individual daily nutrition plans; pre, during and post-workout nutrition prescriptions determined by Team Performance Dietitian.
- Assist with hydration and body composition testing, as needed per Team Performance Dietitian or Performance Staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Team Performance Dietitian and Sports Performance Coordinator.
- Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in a health related field: Nutrition, Exercise Science, Human Performance or Culinary Arts.
- Knowledge of food service quality and safety practices.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish/Portuguese a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Maintain highest level of professionalism and confidentiality within a pro-team environment is required.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability.
- Possess a positive, outgoing, engaging and professional personality.
- Strong understanding and passion for the sport of soccer is preferred.
- Ability to work nontraditional hours in nontraditional settings, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in clinical nutrition, food and nutrition, food science, or sports nutrition.
- RD or RD eligible.
- Servsafe certified.
Background: Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015 and moved into their privately-financed downtown soccer venue in March 2017, becoming the first team in MLS history to open a stadium with five consecutive victories. With a season-ticket base in the 20,000 range, the 25,500-seated Orlando City Stadium experienced sellout crowds nearly its entire first year of inception.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions.
For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you currently working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in a health related field: Nutrition, Exercise Science, Human Performance, Culinary Arts?
Will you be able to receive academic credit for your internship with Orlando city?
What is your availability for the 2020 regular season? (starts late Jan, ends Oct)
What is your weekly availability? (days of week, times)