Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
OCB Video Performance Analyst Intern with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Title: OCB Video Performance Analyst Intern
Department: Sports Performance (OCB)
Reports to: OCB Assistant Coach
Internship Summary: Orlando City B interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture and vision of Orlando City, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
Position Summary: The OCB Video Performance Analyst Intern will learn and assist the scouting and video analyst team with the coordination and administration of video analysis to improve operational efficiency through data analysis., the preparation of materials and opposition reporting for upcoming games, and the production of original videos to be used for technical analysis, scouting and recruiting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn how to develop and implement performance metrics to improve operational efficiency.
- Collaborate with other departments for video analysis within the Soccer Operations team.
- Learn and assist with the videotaping of training/games.
- Learns and assist with the production of situational cut-ups and statistical data videos for coaching staff and works with coaches to assist in the evaluation of players.
- Assist in preparation of materials and opposition scouting for upcoming games.
- Assist in the production of original videos used for team analysis and scouting.
- Assists with the maintenance of inventory, video equipment, tapes, and peripheral equipment and supplies. Performs routine maintenance as needed.
- Researches and assesses new video graphic methods and technology, and makes recommendations for new equipment and process enhancements, as appropriate.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Proficient computer and video editing skills.
- Proficient in Power Point and Keynote for presenting.
- Maintain highest level of professionalism and confidentiality within a pro-team environment is required.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability.
- In depth understanding for the sport of soccer is preferred.
- Ability to work nontraditional hours in nontraditional settings, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Must be able to safely lift 40+ pounds and stand for 4+ hours at a time.
- Internship is unpaid.
- Applicant must have valid driver license/reliable method of transportation.
- Start/End Date can be discussed upon time of interview.
About Orlando City SC:
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL. Lastly, the Orlando City Foundation is active in the community year-round, promoting health and wellness in children throughout the region, and raising funds for and volunteering time for various local organizations.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?