Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Marketing Intern with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Title: Marketing Intern
Reports To: Manager, Marketing & Fan Engagement
Internship Summary: Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC marketing department is looking for interns who are looking for an exciting opportunity to supplement class coursework with the hands-on experience to start their career. The intern will assist with the daily marketing activities of the Club, including but not limited to, coordination of Team City events, grassroots marketing efforts, gameday responsibilities and marketing events. We seek someone with a strong grasp of our culture, superior organization skills, an unequalled work-ethic and a creative mind to help us achieve our goals.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with planning and logistics for Team City, with a willingness to learn how to assume a leadership role within the team.
- Assist and learn how to execute Orlando City SC and Orlando Pride Kickoff to Soccer Events.
- Collaborate with team to manage Team City social media accounts.
- Assist on managing our mascot, Kingston’s Instagram Account.
- Creatively come up with unique content for Kingston.
- Coordinate Club marketing events.
- Learn gameday responsibilities including fan zone set up, operation and breakdown, as well as coordinating deliverables for gameday talent.
- Work with various internal and external parties to implement in-office events.
- Research concepts for various aspects of gameday production
- Manage inventory and storage of marketing collateral materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Intern must be available from January 2020 to May 2020 (flexible weekly hours).
- Applicants must be currently pursuing a degree; MBA/Graduate level candidates preferred with an emphasis in marketing, sports management or related field.
- Minimum of 6 months of sports marketing experience/previous internship preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with experience managing multiple projects and timelines.
- Knowledge of marketing, promotions and event planning.
- Must have great attitude and be willing to work within a team atmosphere.
- Exceptional creative abilities; looking to push the envelope and develop and implement fresh ideas.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- Proof of academic credit eligibility required.
About Orlando City SC:
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL. Lastly, the Orlando City Foundation is active in the community year-round, promoting health and wellness in children throughout the region, and raising funds for and volunteering time for various local organizations.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?