Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Marketing and Analytics Internship with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Job Description: Marketing and Analytics Intern
Reports To: Manager, Media & Fan Generation
Internship Summary: Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC marketing department is looking for interns who are looking for an exciting opportunity to supplement class coursework with on the job experience to start your career. This position will work directly with the Media & Fan Generation Manager to facilitate and maintain the Orlando City SC email, digital marketing & analytics strategy. We are seeking someone who possesses a high work-ethic combined with an analytical mind, creative thinking and a passion for soccer.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist Media & Fan Generation Manager to develop, manage and implement the Club's digital marketing, email strategies, and analytics framework.
· Provide creative solutions to induce more targeted and relevant engagement based on consumer segmentation and analysis of the database.
· Prepare summaries of marketing efforts to analyze results & capture insights to drive efficiencies in marketing strategy.
· Conception and creation of email templates including proofreading, editing, and updating copy for internal and external emails.
· Assist with LionNation, the Club’s membership program, fulfillment including management of member data and other deliverables.
· Assist with management and maintenance of the opt-in database and master email calendar.
· Learn how to research and compile evolving trends and technology both inside and outside of the sports industry.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Applicants should be working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in marketing, communications, sports managements or related field.
· Intern must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week during the Spring semester (January 2020 through May 2020)
· Minimum of 6 months of sports marketing, digital marketing, data analytics or another related experience/internship preferred.
· Strong organizational skills with experience managing multiple projects and timelines.
· Ability to evaluate data, determine trends, find opportunities and make recommendations.
· Basic knowledge of HTML coding.
· Copywriting experience and/or superior written communication skills.
· Familiarity with digital trends and technology, sports and popular culture.
· Analytical abilities; looking to push the envelope and develop and implement fresh ideas.
· Able to work game nights and non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
· Proof of eligibility for academic credit required.
About Orlando City SC:
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL. Lastly, the Orlando City Foundation is active in the community year-round, promoting health and wellness in children throughout the region, and raising funds for and volunteering time for various local organizations.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?