Manager, Soccer Business Operations - Orlando City SC (Kissimmee · FL)
- Develops operational and forecast budgets to be reviewed and approved by EVP of Soccer Operations and Finance.
- Provide comprehensive budget oversight and compliance for MLS, Reserve, and Academy teams, collaborating with the respective team administrators and finance department to monitor actuals vs. budget.
- Participates in continual improvement of the budgeting management process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Negotiate and execute soccer initiatives and/or partnerships under executive and senior leadership direction, including for example negotiations with technical/operational vendors (e.g., WyScout, Spiideo, ISF, Hudl, SAP, etc)
- Review invoices, bills, and other documents for accuracy.
- Oversee day-to-day business operations and collaborate with EVP of Soccer Operations in the long-term management and development of the MLS, Reserve, and Academy teams.
- Prepare and present reports, presentations, and summaries of information in organized and clear formats.
- Identify, examine, and evaluate innovative resources to enhance workplace productivity.
- Collaborate with the executive staff to strategize and prioritize the business affairs for the soccer operations department.
- Communicate / coordinate operations with business Front Office departments.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the employee should expect to work varying schedules to reflect the company's business needs, including weekends.
- Travel is sometimes required up to 25% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required, with emphasis on Business, Finances or Sports Administration.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in sports administration and operations.
- High level of proficiency working with spreadsheets, Word documents, presentations, etc.
- Knowledge in Google Workspace environment, including Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Forms, Google Docs.
- Specific knowledge of the sport of soccer/soccer industry is highly desirable.
- Experience in negotiating contracts with vendors, while also considering scalability/usability by other teams in the pyramid.
- Innovative problem solving, research and analytical skills.
- Ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, players, etc.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required.
- Guided by strong moral and ethical principles, able to handle confidential information.
- Ability to sit, walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Orlando City SC is committed to building the global standard for professional soccer teams and is guided by the following principles:
Where did you hear about this opportunity? ( Job board, teamwork, referral , please detail who?)
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship to work in the US?
How many years of progressive experience do you have in pro-sports administration and operations?
What are your minimum base salary requirements?
Are you able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays?