Groundskeeper - Orlando City SC (Orlando · FL)
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
DEPARTMENT: Stadium Operations
REPORTS TO: Head Groundskeeper
REPORTS TO: Head Groundskeeper
FLSA: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
Are you a self-motivated individual with physical stamina? Do you love the outdoors and maintaining aesthetically pleasing outdoor space? If so, our Groundskeeper role could be for you. You will be responsible for mowing, fertilization, edging irrigation troubleshooting and repair, top dressing, aerating, painting, sodding, and record keeping. You will get a chance to use a variety of practical skills which are valuable and essential to the overall Club.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work all MLS and NWSL Orlando City SC home games, assisting the Head Groundskeeper as needed.
- Assist with turf management aspects including mowing, edging, chemical application, aerification, irrigation, pest management, etc.
- Assist with turf management aspects and both the Exploria Stadium and Orlando Pride Training Facility.
- Assist in equipment and irrigation repair and maintenance.
- Assist with administrative duties such as correspondence, filing and research.
- Other duties as assigned.
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
- Work MLS/NWSL/USL/Pro Academy Orlando City SC home games, assisting the Head Groundskeeper as needed.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Turf Management or related field preferred.
- Ability or willingness to learn how to operate necessary equipment to complete required tasks.
- Available for home matches and other events throughout the internship session (primarily evenings and weekends).
- Interest and experience in competitive sports is preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
- Ability to work in various degrees of outdoor weather conditions, including but not limited to extreme heat or rain.
- Ability to work in various positions, including but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
About Orlando City SC:
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, Orlando City SC, moved its home matches into Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium located in the heart of downtown Orlando.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. In 2019, Orlando City SC re-launched OCB to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City SC boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
Orlando City SC is committed to building the global standard for professional soccer teams and is guided by the following principles:
To bring our community together, create lasting memories, and fuel passion for soccer.
Be the envy of our league through performance & relevancy.
Entertain, unify, and inspire our community through passionate soccer & service and winning championships.
For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
How did you hear about this position? Teamwork, Referral (who?), job board?
Will you now or in the future require authorization to work in the US for our club?
What are your salary expectations?