Grounds Supervisor - Orlando City SC (Orlando · FL)
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
TITLE: Grounds Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: Stadium Operations
REPORTS TO: Head Groundskeeper
REPORTS TO: Head Groundskeeper
FLSA: Full-Time; Exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
Do you enjoy working and being outdoors? If, so, our Groundskeeper Supervisor position could be for you. We are looking for a hardworking and dedicated induvial who will help us ensure the Osceola Heritage Training Facility grounds are kept looking well-tended and attractive. You will be responsible for overseeing daily maintenance of the Osceola Heritage Training Facility and assist overseeing the grounds maintenance for the facility needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and provide maintenance for the Osceola Heritage Training facility for the MLS, USL, and Academy teams, including but not limited to mowing, edging, fertilizing, aerating, top-dressing, over-seeding, re-sodding, and line striping.
- Help develop and implement an effective fertility, fungicide, and pest control program.
- Assist Head Groundskeeper with managing and hiring Groundskeeping crew.
- Oversee Osceola Heritage Training Facility Groundskeeping part-time staff.
- Maintain irrigation system throughout the stadium complex.
- Collaborate effectively with game day operations, stadium operations, and team administration for field usage requirements.
- Use, maintain, service, and repair all equipment and tools used to maintain surfaces to professional standards.
- Help manage and implement the approved grounds budget.
- Proactively anticipate and address issues.
- Approach duties with an innovative mindset, generating new ideas and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related area preferred or minimum 5 years of experience with upkeep of grass playing surfaces.
- Ability to work MLS/NWSL/USL/Pro Academy Orlando City SC home games, assisting the Head Groundskeeper as needed.
- Candidate should possess or be able to obtain the Florida Commercial Pesticide Applicator License.
- Working knowledge and expertise operating standard grounds equipment.
- Availability to be on-call and work long hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with staff, coaches, players, and community.
- Ability to work independently and effectively supervise others when needed.
- Organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and good demeanor.
- Knowledge and compliance with MLS rules and regulations.
- Must be able and knowledgeable using a computer.
- Must be able to lift items (50 lbs.) and carry cargo.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions (rain, high temperatures/heat, etc.).
- Must be able to perform work requiring extended periods of walking and standing, frequent bending, stooping, reaching, lifting and load carrying.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
About Orlando City SC:
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, Orlando City SC, moved its home matches into Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium located in the heart of downtown Orlando.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. In 2019, Orlando City SC re-launched OCB to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City SC boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
Orlando City SC is committed to building the global standard for professional soccer teams and is guided by the following principles:
To bring our community together, create lasting memories, and fuel passion for soccer.
Be the envy of our league through performance, relevancy, and enterprise value.
Entertain, unify, and inspire our community through passionate soccer & service.
For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
How did you hear about this position? Teamwork, Referral (who?), job board?
Will you now or in the future require authorization to work in the US for our club?
What are your salary expectations?