Graphic Designer - Orlando City SC (Orlando · FL)
FLSA: Full-Time Salary; Exempt
Reports to: Manager of Creative & Brand
Position Summary: We are looking for a skilled Graphic Designer to be a part of the marketing team that supports Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride, and Orlando City B. This individual will work with the Creative & Brand Manager and SVP of Marketing & Brand and will be responsible for the creation, execution, and delivery of static and motion graphics that elevate our teams; brands through gameday presentation, broadcast, social media, app, live events and more. The Ideal candidate is someone who aspires to creative excellence and will help drive the organization in pursuit of that goal.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Graphic design for Orlando City, Orlando Pride, Orlando City B, and Club Partners as assigned, with a focus on game presentation elements that excites and engages fans and other key audiences.
● Collaborate with the marketing team on overall brand/campaign ideation and design that defines the brand voice for the organization.
● Assist VP of Marketing and Fan Engagement Manager on overall game presentation strategy and execution.
● Manage MotionRocket (LED/videoboard control system) for all games and events at Exploria Stadium.
● Manage presentation software (e.g. Key Note, PowerPoint) for offsite Club events (e.g. Jersey launch).
● Work and provide support to stadium event liaison for non-Club events (i.e. Florida Cup, USSF, CONCACAF, International Friendlies) as it relates to game presentation. and delivery/preparation of game presentation graphics (e.g. LED fieldboards, fascia boards, videoboard, IPTV, etc.).
● Assist with ideation and design of Club event signage and Club partner signage, including mockups and print-ready files.
● Assist Content team with motion and static graphics, including social media graphics/templates/layouts, video end-slides, video type treatment, and lower-third video animations.
● Collaborate with multiple internal departments to deliver requested creative elements that meet functional needs and aesthetically match the club's brand guidelines.
● Coordinate partnerships/collaboration with local artists for Gameday Poster Program and other art-driven Club initiatives.
● Lead design ideation and planning for CITYiD (Orlando City’s apparel customization program).
● Design team apparel/merchandise as needed.
● Assist with coaching/mentoring Graphic Design intern.
● Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, motion graphics design, illustration, or related field.
● Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience in graphic design.
● Exceptional creative abilities: looking to push the envelope and develop and implement fresh ideas.
● Ability to blend art, music, pop, local, and soccer/Supporter cultures into design language.
● Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required.
● Ability to operate MotionRocket (or another similar videoboard/LED operating system) preferred.
● Ability to work with 3D computer graphics software preferred.
● Ability to work within After Effects preferred.
● Ability to edit videos preferred.
● Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
● Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
● Able to work non-traditional hours and weekends in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
ABOUT ORLANDO CITY SC:
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, Orlando City SC, moved its home matches into Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium located in the heart of downtown Orlando.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. In 2019, Orlando City SC re-launched OCB to bridge the gap between its successful youth development Academy and the First Team.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City SC boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
Orlando City SC is committed to building the global standard for professional soccer teams and is guided by the following principles:
To bring our community together, create lasting memories, and fuel passion for soccer.
Be the envy of our league through performance and relevancy
Entertain, unify, and inspire our community through passionate soccer, service and wining championships.
For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
How did you hear about this position? Teamwork, Referral (who?), job board?
Will you now or in the future require authorization to work in the US?
Please provide a link to your portfolio for consideration.
What are your salary requirements?