Title: Gameday Operations Internship
Department: Gameday Operations
Reports to: Gameday Operations Team
Length of Internship: January – November 2020
Internship Summary: Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC is seeking hardworking, positive and passionate individuals who wish to supplement their classroom instruction with practical experience facilitating key operational tasks associated with the production of professional soccer games. Interns will have a direct role in assisting with the execution of match operations such as presentation, field setup, locker room requests, for MLS, NWSL, and USL. Additionally, they will have the opportunity to ensure back of house operations including setup/teardown, locker rooms, stadium management, etc. Interns will work under close supervision of the Gameday Operations team.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist with gameday/event management and set-up/breakdown for all MLS, NWSL, USL, and home games as assigned.
· Arrange visiting team’s requests, working with the venue and other departments to fulfill the team’s needs.
· Facilitate and assist with match operations, match presentation, teams and officials, etc.
· Provide support to other events organized by the club at the venue on game days (soccer tournament, clinics, etc.).
· Maintain all equipment and supplies in a proper working order.
· Assist with in-office tasks when needed.
· Execute other duties as assigned.
· Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in sports business, management or a related field.
· At the time of the internship, have completed at least your sophomore year at a four-year accredited college institution or be enrolled in an accredited graduate program.
· Must provide proof that you will receive academic credit through the internship toward the completion of your degree.
· Available for home matches and other events throughout the internship session (including evenings and weekends).
· Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality within a pro-team environment is required.
· Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability.
· Candidates should be very comfortable assisting with physical labor duties when needed.
· Interest and experience in competitive sports or event operations is preferred.
· Must be able to safely lift 40+ pounds and stand for 4+ hours at a time.
About Orlando City SC:
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com
OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL. Lastly, the Orlando City Foundation is active in the community year-round, promoting health and wellness in children throughout the region, and raising funds for and volunteering time for various local organizations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.