Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Facility Security Guard (Full Time & Part Time) Osecola with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
Title: Security Guard
Department: Stadium Operations
Reports to: Director of Security & Guest Services
Reports to: Director of Security & Guest Services
Position Summary: This position is an integral part of the Osceola Orlando City Soccer Facility Operation team and it’s responsible for securing the Osceola OCSC Facility owned and operated by Orlando City Holdings, LLC. The employee will patrol and protect club’s property, guests, staff and players and promote and enforce safety and security and act as a visible deterrent against irregular activity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patrol the Osceola OCSC Facility property to monitor and prevent intrusion, damage, hazards and breaches of security
- Lock and unlock doors and walks facilities
- Provide a visible presence that enforces safety and security
- Monitor activity throughout the facilities via closed circuit television
- Respond appropriately to emergencies that arise including, but not limited to, fire alarm and burglar alarm
- Monitor access to the venue on both event-day and non-event day
- Detect and confront unauthorized persons and violators of security procedures
- Contact relevant authorities to deal with unlawful or irregular activities
- Use radio or other communication devices in a clear and concise manner
- Write reports, report any malfunctions, misconduct or operational and safety issues
- Interview victims and witnesses and write incident reports as necessary
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude
- Implement the prescribed emergency plan in case of emergency
- Assist with the development and implementation of public safety plans for day-to-day operations and special events
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess a High School diploma or G.E.D. or equivalent
- Some college studies in Criminal Justice, Private Investigations, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services and/or any other Security related field or military experience is preferred
- Six (6) months to one (1) year security experience preferably in a similar environment
- Bilingual in Spanish or Portuguese is preferred
- Excellent aptitude to establish rapport with others and ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and employment verification
- Must have a valid FL driver license with a Class D endorsement
- Appropriate credentials as mandated by State, County or local law
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Must be able to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to walk, run, kneel and climb stair and react fast to unpredictable situations
- This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions
- Prolonged periods of sitting, and monitoring surveillance equipment
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the core functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties, the employee may be regularly required to stand or sit for extended periods, walk long distances, use hands to handle, hold or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with arms, and talk or hear. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to hear conversations in noisy environments. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
About Orlando City SC
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL. Lastly, the Orlando City Foundation is active in the community year-round, promoting health and wellness in children throughout the region, and raising funds for and volunteering time for various local organizations.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
Salary: TBD – commensurate with applicant’s qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?