Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Events & Fan Engagement Manager with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Marketing: Event Marketing
Title: Manager, Events & Fan Engagement
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
Reports to: Vice President of Marketing
The Events & Fan Engagement Manager will lead daily grassroots and field marketing activities, as well as all Club events and related budgeting and invoice processing. Day-to-day responsibilities will include planning, managing, and executing all live Club events, managing grassroots team (Team City), managing Orlando City Pub Program, handling all Mascot-related tasks, assisting with gameday production and Fan Zone as needed, and other related activities. We seek someone with a strong event management background and superb interpersonal and organizational skills. The Manager of Events & Fan Engagement will report to the Vice President of Marketing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and executing grassroots marketing and promotional activities/events, including Kickoff to Soccer event series with the Purple Pride 5K, Pub Crawl, Scarf the City, Pride in the Park, Jersey Launch events, etc.
- Manage Team City, including recruiting, team development, event identification/booking, appearance planning, lead generation, payroll, and more
- Coordinate development and management of Mascot Program, including social accounts and Mascot appearances
- Assist in managing grassroots, field marketing, and gameday production budgets and invoice processing
- Oversee development and management of Orlando City Pub Program, including identifying and recruiting new Pub Partners, managing all Club watch parties, and fulfilling Pub Partnerships.
- Lead the development and production of promotional items (e.g. Orlando City magnets, posters schedules, etc.)
- Manage production, inventory, storage and maintenance of marketing assets (vehicles, tents, inflatables, etc.)
- Assist with game production, production-related equipment, scripts, schedule and all marketing and production game day staff
- Assist with planning and executing theme nights throughout the season including creation of theme night schedule, ticket promotions, as well as implementation of theme night gameday elements
- Work with internal departments (Ticketing, Member Services, Corporate Partnerships, etc.) in fulfilling marketing needs related to events, promotions and game production
- Develop marketing partnerships and trade agreements
- Manage full time marketing intern
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in marketing, with a strong concentration in live events and grassroots/field marketing.
- Exceptional creative abilities; looking to push the envelope and develop and implement fresh ideas.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with proven experience managing multiple simultaneous projects and timelines.
- Ability to analyze and prepare a budget and project/forecast marketing program costs based on industry and historical data.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of/in grassroots marketing, live events and gameday production.
- Familiarity with event trends and technology, sports and popular culture.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish/Portuguese) fluency a plus.
- Able to work game nights, weekends and non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- Ability to foster relationships and build partnerships with vendors, Club partners, and third parties.
About Orlando City SC
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL. Lastly, the Orlando City Foundation is active in the community year-round, promoting health and wellness in children throughout the region, and raising funds for and volunteering time for various local organizations.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
What are your minimum salary requirements?
Do you have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in marketing, with a strong concentration in live events and grassroots/field marketing?