Event Operations Coordinator - Orlando City SC (Orlando · FL)
REPORTS TO: Stadium Event Manager
- Learn and all aspects of Orlando City SC teams and history and Exploria Stadium layout capacity, event spaces etc.
- Under the direction of the Events Manager, execute all non-soccer events logistics.
- Assist with incoming event requests and learn to prospect new business via phone, email, events and other platforms.
- Maintain stadium events department social media platforms: Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Manage all internal event request with other departments.
- Coordinate all aspects of event from start to finish. (walkthrough, contract, invoicing, set-up, etc.)
- Ensure that every client, guest, and vendor receive exceptional service.
- Gain experience in scheduling and executing meetings/events according to the contract of clients in a timely manner.
- Proactively maintain ongoing communication with the client before and during the event/meeting.
- Research, negotiate and coordinate outside service needs with vendors as required.
- Create and distribute event work orders to responsible parties in a timely manner.
- Assist with special needs or requests from clients and timely communicate request internally.
- Assist in tracking all event-related expenses and coordinating billing and payments with finance department.
- Assist in the preparation of building to meet the requirements of upcoming events.
- Coordinate and lead stadium and event tour and sharing knowledge about Orlando City SC and Exploria Stadium.
- Maintain a professional and positive working relationship with co-workers, vendors and clients.
- General administrative duties such as data entry, filing, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education/training and 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong Customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written communication and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of domestic and international soccer preferred.
- Ability to maintain workflow in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to work independently and/ or in a team environment.
- Flexible and able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- Must possess outstanding organizational and time management skills along with a strong attention to detail.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Must be able to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to extreme weather and/or adverse conditions.
For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
How did you hear about this position? Teamwork, Referral (who?), job board?
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship to work in the United States?
How many years of experience do you have coordinating large events?
Are you able to work nights and weekends as required?