TITLE: Equipment Management Internship
DEPARTMENT: Team Operations
REPORTS TO: MLS Senior Equipment Manager
NOTES: Intern must be able to receive academic credit for this internship
Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture, and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem-solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
WHAT SETS YOU APART
Orlando City SC is looking for an equipment intern that will gain valuable experience in the day-to-day operations/management of the equipment operations department. As an intern, you will learn all about the operations and logistics that are needed to support players, coaches, and staff for a professional sports organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with naming & numbering player kits
- Assist with washing practice & match uniforms
- Assist with equipment preparation for game days
- Assist with setting up locker rooms
- Assist with organizing the storage room
- Learn how to inventory practice gear, uniforms, & equipment
- Assist with daily training equipment preparations and clean up
- Notify & address player or staff requests for equipment, supplies or facility needs/issues
- Assist with building soccer goals, shelving units, replacing nets, & any other duties that are deemed necessary
- Others duties assigned.
To perform this internship successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of eligibility requirements, knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary:
- Intern candidates should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an interest in working in sports operations/management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish/Portuguese a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality within a pro-team environment is required.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability.
- Possess a positive, outgoing, engaging, and professional personality.
- Strong understanding and passion for the sport of soccer are preferred.
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions (rain, high temperatures/heat, etc.).
- Availability during non-traditional office hours in non-traditional settings, including holidays, nights, and weekends.
- Internship will be 30-40 hours a week.
- Duration of internship depends on the applicant's ability to receive academic credit for this opportunity.
- Typically, interns do not travel for away matches
- Work attire and meals are provided on training & match days
- THE MAIN LOCATION FOR THE INTERNSHIP WILL BE IN KISSIMMEE, FL
This internship is intended to be an in-person learning opportunity, with the intern working approximately 30-40 hours in the facility per week, or as needed. Due to COVID 19, policies and procedures related to non-full-time employees working at our office at Exploria Stadium may dictate that the role becomes a telework opportunity.
About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.