Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Equipment Management Internship with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Title: Equipment Operations Internship
Department: Team Operations
Reports to: Director of Equipment Operations
Internship Summary: Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC is looking for an equipment intern that will gain valuable experience in the day-to-day operations/management of the equipment operations department. As an intern, you will learn all about the operations and logistics that are needed to support players, coaches, and staff for a professional sports organization.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with daily training equipment preparations and clean up.
- Learn how to manage field layout, set up and clean up with equipment manager and coaching staff.
- Learn and assist in maintaining organized and clean equipment and boot rooms.
- Assist with equipment preparations for home and away matches.
- Assist with receiving inventory, storage, and distribution.
- Learn how to log, notify or address player and staff requests for equipment, supplies or facility needs/issues.
- Assist with building soccer goals, shelving units, replacing nets, and any other duties that are deemed necessary within the basic guidelines of being an Equipment Manager.
- Learn and assist with thermal label making and heat press applications.
- In addition to daily assignments, each student will have the opportunity to learn and be involved with assignments in accounting, forecasting orders, and data analysis.
- Intern candidates should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an interest in working in sports operations/management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish/Portuguese a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality within a pro-team environment is required.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability.
- Possess a positive, outgoing, engaging and professional personality.
- Strong understanding and passion for the sport of soccer are preferred.
- Availability during non-traditional office hours in non-traditional settings, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Internship will be 35-40 hours a week.
About Orlando City SC:
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL. Lastly, the Orlando City Foundation is active in the community year-round, promoting health and wellness in children throughout the region, and raising funds for and volunteering time for various local organizations.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?