Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Director of Creative Content with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Web/Creative Services: Media/Video Production
Title: Director of Creative Content
Reports to: Senior Director of Content, Senior Director of Broadcasting
FLSA: Full-Time; Exempt
Position Summary: The Director of Creative Content is responsible for daily creation of unique and creative content and will serve as the video team's Director of Photography. This position will lead a team of video professionals alongside our Director of Video Production in the creation of content for digital, social, broadcast, and in-venue channels.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- As the Director of Creative Content, you will be responsible for the artistic and technical decisions related to all team content.
- Create and establish visual looks and guidelines that will unify the team's brand image through content.
- Shoot, produce, and edit content both by yourself and as a member of a team.
- Consistently conceptualize and execute non-traditional content in all mediums.
- Communicate appropriately with the team and stakeholders throughout all phases of production, tracking work and coordinating assigned projects to achieve successful results.
- Lead a small team with sound storytelling acumen, inspirational and collaborative leadership, and exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment working on multiple projects at a time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film or Broadcasting or similar field preferred but not required.
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar position.
- Exceptional cinematography and video production skills.
- Advanced knowledge of non-linear editing in Adobe Premier.
- Graphic design skills required (Adobe Photoshop).
- Advanced use of Adobe After Effects and knowledge of 3D programs is a plus.
- Knowledgeable in all areas of video production, including lighting, sound, motion graphics, color correction, and publishing.
- Live stream setup and execution experience.
- Experience with a professional sports team is a plus.
- Foreign language skills a plus.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects at a time with tight deadlines.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- Physical ability to lift heavy equipment is required.
- Ability to work nontraditional hours, travel required.
- Knowledge of soccer and entertainment elements is a strong plus.
- Experience with content management systems is a plus.
About Orlando City SC
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL. Lastly, the Orlando City Foundation is active in the community year round, promoting health and wellness in children throughout the region, and raising funds for and volunteering time for various local organizations.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Share a link to your resume reel or any content you have created.
What cameras (photo/video) are you proficient with.
What is the most important part of your personal creative process?