Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Digital Media Internship Spring 2020 with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Title: Digital Media Internship
Reports to: Sr. Director of Content
Internship Summary: Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC is looking for a creative and driven Video Production Intern to learn and assist with shooting, editing, and production of video content. This person will work alongside the Video Production Coordinator and will have the opportunity to learn the planning and production of all video content related to Orlando City SC. Concluding this internship this person will know how to operate cameras and edit videos that meets the energy of our diverse and enthusiastic supporters.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Post content to website using Content Management System.
- Edit graphics in Photoshop
- Update web pages and fresh photos and graphics
- Make website updates using simple HTML.
- Create new web pages from promotions and partners using HTML.
- Edit short videos
- Track website traffic through google analytics
- College student seeking communications, PR, or marketing related degrees.
- Interested in pursuing a career in digital media.
- Experience with basic photo editing.
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS.
- Experience with video editing
- Strong writing skills.
- Exceptional reliability, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required.
- An idea person able to work extremely well within a team to come up with creative solutions and identify new opportunities, often in a high-pressure, fast-changing environment.
- Strong attention to small details is a must.
- Strong interest in soccer and sports is a plus.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- Last but not least, sense of humor.
- Internship will be 6 – 10 hours weekly.
About Orlando City SC:
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL. Lastly, the Orlando City Foundation is active in the community year-round, promoting health and wellness in children throughout the region, and raising funds for and volunteering time for various local organizations.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?