Corporate Partnerships Marketing Intern with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Title: Corporate Partnerships Marketing Intern
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: Manager, Partnership Marketing
Reports to: Manager, Partnership Marketing
*Remote Internship until further notice*
Internship Summary: Orlando City Soccer corporate partnership interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include marketing, broadcasting, communications, soccer operation, business, and/or the internal working of the Club), to further supplement academic knowledge with practical experience.
Position Summary: This internship will assist with the corporate activities of the Club, including but not limited to, assisting with corporate events, gameday, in-office support such as lead generation for new partners, learning about asset tracking and inventory, how to understand and fulfill partnership contract fulfilment and execution among others. We seek someone who thrives in a fast paced environment with great organization skills, an unequalled willingness to learn by doing and the ability to be an innovative problem solver. The intern will be required to do an end of year project in sales or activation that aligns with the candidate interests and experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities, Remote Work:
- Review and comprehend Corporate Partnership contracts, analyze fulfillment needs and strategy
- Support Activation Account Management team with contractual partner needs and communication
- Responsible for tracking all partner assets, managing digital inventory and tracking performance
- Collaborate with various internal departments and external vendors to implement in-office/onsite events, planning, execution and recapping presentations
- Learn about internal and league initiatives by developing and creating a weekly newsletter reporting on all National, Local and Partner activation events as well as other league initiatives.
- Understand the Corporate Sales strategies of deal structures, deal sizing, proposals, premium suite sales, deal fulfillment, rate card and more
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Gameday & Event On Site Responsibilities :
- Support with gameday activities by preparing gameday assets such as; LED, gate giveaways, and Fan Zone partner activations among others
- Participate and learn to lead the Fan Zone pre game shift meeting and game day responsibilities
- Learn to manage and organize corporate partnership gameday inventory
- Professionally liaise between player(s) and partner during off-site player appearances and other corporate events
- Develop plans to host youth clinics and camps at different locations, review assets to fulfill partner contractual obligations, this would include: managing registration, guest flow, equipment drop off and set up, and event breakdown
- Assist with the scheduling and communicating with gameday staff
- MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO EARN COLLEGE CREDIT FOR THIS INTERNSHIP
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year of experience with a sports team/organization, or a similar field, or major company
- Knowledge and passion about soccer is preferred.
- Preferred experience with on-site activation for sports partnerships, expos, fan fests
- Have an understanding of partnership contracts, assets and execution
- Available to attend roughly 80% of the MLS and NWSL home soccer schedule, as well as other corporate events during the entire year
- Strong ability to problem solve, maintaining flexibility and willingness to participate in multiple events
- Demonstrate excellent communication, strong leadership skills and have a proactive attitude
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional setting within a team atmosphere including weekends
- This is a full time (30 hours) Monday through Friday internship with at a minimum of 15-20 hours a week and other weekend partner events
- At this time this is a telework opportunity, should interns be allowed back at Exploria Stadium, the expectation is that the intern will be available to be at the office a minimum of 2 days a week and in addition to weekend game days and other events for both MLS and NWSL.
Background: With two major professional teams and, just this past March, opening its own soccer specific stadium in the heart of downtown Orlando, Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
As one of the leading teams in Major League Soccer (MLS), and the only MLS team in Florida, the Lions have developed a rich history and passionate fanbase following since starting in the USL in 2011. In their inaugural MLS season, Orlando City set a league record for an expansion team, drawing an average of 32,847 fans per home game – including 62,500 in the home opener – and became the fastest team in MLS history to host a half million fans. Orlando City has not only captured the passion of soccer fans in the City Beautiful, it continues to build its global brand as its matches are broadcast in 120 countries and in 30 languages.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began league play in April of 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time – breaking the NWSL attendance record in their inaugural home game. The team is led by renowned Head Coach Tom Sermanni, former manager for the Australian and U.S. women’s national teams. In 2017, the Orlando Pride reached the playoffs in just their second full season of play and currently have four players on the roster from the 2019 U.S. Womens’ National World Cup Championship team. .
OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and US Youth Soccer Development Academies for both Orlando City and Orlando Pride. Lastly, the Orlando City Foundation is active in the community year-round, promoting health and wellness in children throughout the region, and raising funds for and volunteering time for various local organizations.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to receive college credit for this internship?