Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Communications Manager with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Communications/Community Relations: Communications Department Management
Title: Communications Manager
Reports to: Sr. Manager of Communications / Sr. VP of Communications
Position Summary: The Communications Manager is an integral role in the Communications department, helping shape the Club’s public identity and managing media relations efforts for the Club. Orlando City is seeking a driven and enthusiastic communications professional to oversee the day-to-day media relations responsibilities for the Club’s Major League Soccer side.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve as the day-to-day communications contact for Orlando City SC’s MLS team, working with internal departments, players and technical staff to plan and execute internal and external media/content opportunities
- Guide daily and weekly storyline ideas with both external media and internal broadcast team
- Foster relationships with other departments to stay informed of new initiatives
- Lead media operations on matchday and at applicable Club press events
- Develop and distribute written Club communications (match recaps/previews, player announcements, Club events, etc.)
- Work closely with Sr. Manager of Communications and Sr. VP of Communications to support Club-wide marketing, corporate partnership, broadcasting and sales initiatives, as needed
- Build relationships and work closely with league-wide communications personnel, broadcast partners and media across the soccer landscape
- Develop and nurture relationships with local, national and international press (including English, Portuguese and Spanish-language)
- Be a team player and assist NWSL and USL counterparts as needed
- Ability to travel and work weekends required
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications or related field preferred
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant experience in sports media relations or communications in sports required
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus
- Exceptional writing ability and proficiency with AP Style
- Passion for sports; Knowledge of MLS/soccer, preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions using sound judgment
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of media and community contacts (such as newspapers, TV, radio, social media, etc.).
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to manage people/projects, delegate responsibility and provide follow-through on multiple projects
- Individual must be detail-oriented and a self-starter
- Must be able to build and balance professional working relationships with the Club’s athletes, technical staff and stakeholders
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere
About Orlando City SC
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL. Lastly, the Orlando City Foundation is active in the community year-round, promoting health and wellness in children throughout the region, and raising funds for and volunteering time for various local organizations.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
Salary: TBD – commensurate with applicant’s qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?