Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Communication Internship with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Title: Communications Intern
Reports To: Communications Coordinator
Internship Summary: Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC is seeking Communications interns to support the communications department with its daily media and public relations duties for Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride and Orlando City B. The communications interns assist and learning all departmental activities, including managing day-to-day media relations, drafting press material and preparing for match day press functions. Interns will be able to supplement classroom instruction to gain beneficial and relevant experience.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
Please note: Both full-time and game day-only positions are available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Communications department with match day media relations responsibilities, including press box management, media credentialing and preparing post-game recaps and quote sheets.
- Assist in creating written content, such as press releases, media advisories, game notes and articles for OrlandoCitySC.com (opportunity for published byline).
- Assist with media and internal content needs at team training sessions.
- Maintain Club’s current media distribution list, and assist in developing segmented lists, along with research of new potential media outlets and blogs to foster relationships.
- Learn how to archive and track ongoing media coverage by putting together daily media clips packs.
- Support in compiling, organizing and archiving statistical data for all three teams (MLS, NWSL, USL)
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Applicants should be working toward an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in journalism, public relations or other communications related field.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong creative writing skills with knowledge of AP Style guidelines.
- Knowledge of global soccer, Major League Soccer and the National Women’s Soccer League is preferred.
- Maintain highest level of professionalism within a pro team environment and in media work zones.
- Self-starter with a high attention to detail and organization.
- Possess an outgoing, engaging and professional personality
- Multiple positions available (game day and/or full-time).
- Ability to work nontraditional hours including holidays, nights, and weekends.
- Spanish speaking candidates a plus
- Duration of internship dependent on applicant; Competition season runs approx. mid-January to late October.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you eligible to receive college credit?