Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Broadcast Production Internship (Spring 2020) with Orlando City SC in Orlando · FL
Orlando City SC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orlando · FL
Title: Broadcast Production Intern
Reports To: Broadcast Coordinator
Internship Summary: Interns will have the opportunity to learn about the history, culture and vision of Orlando City SC, understanding the importance of how a professional sports organization works (which could include sales, marketing, public relations, operations, or the internal working of the Club), to further develop general critical thinking, problem solving, time management, communication, and writing skills.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC is seeking hardworking, enthusiastic, and passionate individuals for our Broadcast Production intern positions to support the communications department with its production duties for Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride and Orlando City B. The broadcast interns will assist and learn all departmental activities, including managing day-to-day productions needs, tv and radio logs, plus much more. Interns will be able to supplement classroom instruction to gain beneficial and relevant experience.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO RECEIVE ACADEMIC CREDIT FOR THIS INTERNSHIP.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn and assist with organizing and logging broadcast footage.
- Learns and assist to edit short clips, highlights, and sound bites.
- Learn how to research professional skills that are related to MLS, NWSL.
- Collaborate with on-air television and radio talent, and the Communications department to build and foster relationships.
- Assist with the local and national broadcast partner with the match day requests.
- Learn how to log television/radio frequencies on match day.
- Assist in the pre/post-production of weekly off-season segments.
- Assist in facilitating broadcast sets during training.
- Communicate and distribute match day rosters to broadcast partners and on-air talent.
- In addition to daily assignments, each student will have the opportunity to learn and be involved with assignments in accounting, scheduling, developing and writing operations manuals and data analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in communications, broadcast, production, or a related field with an interest in working in sports.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish/Portuguese a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere or similar editing software.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality within a pro-team environment is required.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability.
- Possess a positive, outgoing, engaging and professional personality.
- Strong understanding and passion for the sport of soccer is preferred.
- Availability during non-traditional office hours in non-traditional settings, including holidays, nights and weekends (during season).
- Internship will be 15 – 20 hours weekly.
About Orlando City SC:
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, moved into its privately-owned downtown soccer stadium. In 2019, Orlando City SC will launch OCB in the newly-formed USL League One to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. For more information, visit orlandocitysc.com or orlando-pride.com.
OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL. Lastly, the Orlando City Foundation is active in the community year-round, promoting health and wellness in children throughout the region, and raising funds for and volunteering time for various local organizations.
Please visit www.OrlandoCitySC.com for more information.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you able to receive academic credit for this internship?