TITLE: Academy Strength & Conditioning Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Soccer Operations
REPORTS TO: Academy Head Coach
FLSA: Part- Time; Salaried- Non-Exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
Your personal care and expertise implementing and managing the development of strength and conditioning programs for young athletes is your personal mission. Your daily fitness and recovery sessions are engaging and drive athletes to excel in and out of the pitch. The successful candidate will be required to successfully pass a background and safe sport training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Develop and implement strength and conditioning training programs for soccer athletes of all ages and all levels, with conceptual knowledge of strength and power, speed, agility, mobility, recovery, and pre-training sessions.
● Ability to work within an athlete development model to understand the developmental progressions of which training should be appropriate for the safety and development of young athletes.
● Delivery of strength and power training, speed, agility and movement sessions, and pre-generation / regeneration in one-to-one, small group and large group sessions.
● Clear and proactive communication with coaching staff, medical staff, and academy colleagues and athletes.
● Integration and observation of athletes in their sporting environment as viable.
● Be a role model through words, actions, and a positive attitude.
● Attend team events, including but not limited to, training sessions, matchdays, stadium visits, etc. as needed.
● Comply with all company policies, procedures, and codes of business ethics.
● Travels with the team as needed.
● Other duties as assigned.
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Kinesiology, Health, Physical Education, or related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in soccer (playing experience preferred) including previous experience as a strength and conditioning coach.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Reliable, adaptable, and flexible to a dynamic training and work environment.
- Passionate about player development with a positive attitude.
- Growth mindset and open to feedback.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to walk, run, jump, and stand for long periods of time. This is a highly physical position as it requires to demonstrate exercises to athletes as needed.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
ABOUT ORLANDO CITY SC:
Orlando City SC joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015, and in 2017, Orlando City SC, moved its home matches into Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium located in the heart of downtown Orlando.
In November 2015, the Club announced its intention to bring professional women’s soccer to Central Florida and launched Orlando Pride in National Women's Soccer League. The Pride began league play in April 2016 with a star-studded team of FIFA World Cup Champions. In 2019, Orlando City SC re-launched OCB to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City SC boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
Orlando City SC is committed to building the global standard for professional soccer teams and is guided by the following principles:
To bring our community together, create lasting memories, and fuel passion for soccer.
Be the envy of our league through performance & relevancy.
Entertain, unify, and inspire our community through passionate soccer & service and winning championships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.