Academy Assistant Coach - Orlando City SC (Kissimmee · FL)
REPORTS TO:Academy Head Coach
- Assists in preparing, conducting, and supervising the team’s practices, training camps and training sessions.
- Assists in coaching the team during all exhibition, regular season, playoff, tournament, international and other games.
- Assists the head coach in preparation for games, including developing game strategies and scouting of opposing teams, edit and cutting video.
- Assists the head coach in overseeing off-season player development programs for the team.
- Assists in the scouting and evaluation of potential players for the team and in preparation for the league draft.
- Manages players year evaluations and players IDP and their execution
- Consults and advises with respect to the team’s roster.
- Enforces team rules and league rules applicable to players and coaching staff.
- Participates in promotional, sponsorship and public relations activities requested by Club at reasonable times and upon reasonable prior notice, including, but not limited to, ticket, game, team and stadium promotions, clinics, speeches, interviews, photo sessions, public appearances, sponsor activities and participation in television, radio and internet programs featuring the team.
- Other duties and services as may reasonably be assigned that are consistent with employment as assistant coach of a team in the league.
- Travels with the team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in elite soccer.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work with and effectively manage relationships with players, their parents, coaches, and the soccer community as a whole.
- Experience, familiarity, and network within OCSC Territory is strongly preferred
- Possess USSF “B” or “C” license or equivalent.
- Proven history of developing players. Able to provide references upon request.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Collaborative management style – advocate of team concepts.
- Positive influencer, comfortable with leading dynamic change.
- Ability to walk, run and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Orlando City SC is committed to building the global standard for professional soccer teams and is guided by the following principles:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Are you 18 years of age or older?
Are you able to meet the physical demands of the job description?
Are you able and willing to travel up to 35% of the time.
Do you now or in the future require visa sponsorship to work in the United States?
Where did you hear about this positions (teamwork, job board, referral (please provide who?), etc.
What are your base salary requirement?