Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Youth Programs Intern - New York City FC (New York · NY)
New York City FC jobs
Sports Jobs in New York · NY
TITLE: Youth Programs Intern
DEPARTMENT: Youth Programs
REPORTS TO: Director & General Manager of Youth Soccer Development
LOCATION: Orangeburg, NY
New York City Youth Programs is seeking a passionate, hard-working, dedicated intern with the self-motivation and desire to learn all facets involved in promoting the Youth Programs of a professional soccer team. The Youth Programs Intern is responsible for supporting the Youth Programs Department with all facets of program sales, customer service and coaching. The position will gain experience in NYCFC’s front office as well as at Yankee Stadium on game days. This is a four-month internship position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist department with various administrative tasks
- Support with game day initiatives and duties if needed
- Assist department in providing logistical support at various community events including camps, clinics, try-outs and training sessions
- Assist Regional Coordinators in collecting and organizing coaching job applications
- Assist Manager of Youth Programs with all aspects of equipment needs and inventory
- Assist Manager of Youth Programs in building program registration links in LeagueApps platform
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have knowledge of local grassroots youth soccer
- Must have coaching experience within youth soccer programs
- Motivated self-starter with entrepreneurial drive
- Excellent time management, organization, and customer service skills
- Excellent knowledge of PC systems including Word, Excel and database-related platforms
- Creativity and excellent interpersonal skills required
- Working knowledge of generally accepted standards of customer service and problem resolution
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, if necessary
- Must have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Must possess strong communication skills
- Must be able to identify problems, their sources, and their potential solutions while continuing to successfully conduct day-to-day operations without interruption
- Must have a strong command of reasoned, measured decision-making based upon analyzing the pros and cons of each potential decision to be made
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college/university
- University must have a For-Credit Internship Program
- Some youth soccer administrative experience is highly preferred
- Applicant must be able to comply with applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which may include working evenings and on weekends
At New York City FC, we are in a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City.
The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and qualified for the 2020 Concacaf Champions League. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit:
New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college/university, and does your university have a for-credit internship program?
Do you have youth soccer administrative experience?