Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Senior Director, Partnership Development with New York City FC in Manhattan · NY
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Meet and exceed personal and team quarterly and annual revenue targets through the sale of new integrated partnerships
- Work closely with VP of Partnerships to develop go-to-market strategy for priority Club assets and marketing platforms
- Generate qualified leads and maintain a continuous pipeline of prospects through a strong network of contacts and by maximizing outbound calls, face-to-face meetings, in-game entertaining and other networking opportunities
- Create and deliver polished and compelling presentations to prospects, representing the New York City FC brand in a way that befits its ambition and class
- Work closely with the Business Intelligence team and other departments to secure the data and insights necessary to make informed recommendations and decisions during the sales process
- Oversee and participate in the structuring of complex rights packages to meet partner objectives and lead the negotiation of long-form agreement
- Develop and maintain a relationship of trust and respect with key internal stakeholders within New York City FC and City Football Group to ensure effective and efficient procurement of new partners
- Proven track record of representing premium rights holders to deliver material revenue growth
- Structured approach to lead generation and the ability to impart such process on the sales team
- Broad commercial acumen and sophisticated presentation skills
- Recruit, manage and train a high performing team of sales professionals
- Meet and exceed personal and team revenue targets
- Leverage CRM and analytical tools to ensure sustained sales team performance
- Creative approach to sales and steadfast determination through the sales cycle
- Ability to navigate complex negotiations and close partnership deals
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least seven years of experience in property sales and long-range planning required
- Steady career advancement gaining expanded scope and responsibility over time, including direct oversight and management of sales teams
- Familiarity with sports sponsorship contracts and impactful partnership activations
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Ability to travel for business purposes
- Must be able to work games scheduled which may be at night and on weekends and holidays
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have a broad commercial acumen? If so, can you provide a short list of the top three business in Sport & Entertainment you have worked with?
What are some of your career highlights both independently as well as from a leadership perspective?