Head Coach – Performance Phase with New York City FC in Orangeburg · NY
New York City FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orangeburg · NY
Player Operations: Soccer - Coach
TITLE: Head Coach – Performance Phase
LOCATION: Orangeburg, NY
LOCATION: Orangeburg, NY
The Performance Phase Head Coach requires at least 5 years of head coaching experience at the USSDA Academy age specific levels of U15 and above. The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to lead daily training responsibilities; planning and execution; as well as weekend matches. This position requires the candidate to have a clear understanding of youth development for elite athletes and an understanding of the New York City soccer market as well as a high level of personal and mentoring skills to communicate effectively with youth players and parents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Academy Coach Duties/Qualifications
- Lead selected team in the Performance Phase (U15 and up) age group at NYCFC
- Planning of training session
- Lead the Individual Development Plans for designated players on a nightly basis, including:
- Individual on field training needs
- Individual or group analysis delivery
- Assist other NYCFC Academy teams in planning and execution of daily training program
- Creating an exciting daily training environment for players;
- Respect/recognition of youth needs
- Attend evening, weekend and holiday tournaments/competitions/games/trainings as required
- Acts as a positive role model and mentor for both staff and players
- Other duties as directed by the Academy Director and Director of Coaching
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (recommended)
- Valid driver’s license
- 5+ years’ experience in youth coaching at academy level
- Coaching License required; minimum of a ‘B’ license (or working towards)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with others
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, enthusiastic, flexible
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Must have access to reliable transportation to arrive at work site at scheduled time consistently
- Bilingual Spanish and other languages a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft office; PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
- Ability to work nights and weekends in alignment with training and games schedule for the Academy
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are in a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City.
In 2019, the Club finished top of the Eastern Conference and qualified for the 2020 Concacaf Champions League. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit: https://www.nycfc.com/
New York City FC is also one of eight clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Club Atletico Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC and Mumbai City among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have 5+ years experience in youth coaching at the academy level?
Do you have a minimum of a ‘B’ license (or working towards)?