Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Events Coordinator with New York City FC in New York, NY
LOCATION: New York, NY
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
As the 20th member of Major League Soccer, NYCFC strives to be the new benchmark for professional soccer in the United States. With the support of majority owner City Football Group (owners of Manchester City, Melbourne City and Yokohama F Marinos) as well as minority owner, the New York Yankees, NYCFC kicked off the fifth season in club history in March 2019 at Yankee Stadium.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead cross-functional team across all large-scale, tentpole event initiatives such as Homecoming, Year-end Awards, and 24-Hour Game, from conceptualization to execution and measurement/optimization;
- Bring together cross-functional teams to ideate, plan, advertise, and ultimately execute events, proactively communicating to ensure there is awareness internally across the Club throughout planning, execution, and post-event reporting/optimization;
- Work in conjunction with Match Presentation and Fan Development on match days to execute concourse activations and additional programming outside of Yankee Stadium (e.g., Fan Fests);
- Key stakeholder sharing best practices and guidance as well as support (based on capacity) to HR, Ticketing, Partnerships, etc. for all other internal and external events;
- Research industry wide best practices and current event trends, including working with legal and safeguarding to ensure safety and compliance;
- Manage all event day staffing;
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, business or related field;
- At least two years working in event production and management, preferably with an emphasis in sports and/or entertainment;
- Experienced in working with third-party, experiential and production agencies;
- Excellent in concept generation, development, and execution;
- High level knowledge of AV equipment and understanding of how a live show is brought to life is preferred;
- Must have proficient computer skills with a strong understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Highly organized, detail oriented and strong project management skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously;
- Ability to solve problems under high pressure situations and tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong work ethic, team-oriented attitude and enthusiastic about contributing to the success of the Club and department;
- Must be able to travel when required;
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have two years experience working in event production and management?
Do you have experience working with third-party, experiential and production agencies?
Do you have high level knowledge of AV equipment and understanding of how a live show is brought to life?
What about this role with New York City FC interests you most?