Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Get involved in America's fastest growing sport by joining Major League Soccer or its teams!
If you are interested in working with us at Major League Soccer, please apply for a job.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Director, Digital Marketing
Note: this job is closed to new applications.
REPORTING TO: Vice President, Marketing, Media, FRM
LOCATION: New York, NY
- Design and execute a comprehensive global digital marketing strategy and content plan to drive fan engagement, build brand awareness, drive ticket sales, tune-in and revenue.
- Lead the digital, social media and mobile marketing strategies as a core member of the marketing team, collaborating with marketing, creative, ticket sales, partnerships, community relations and public relations.
- Work closely with marketing team on co-creation for fan driven content
- Increase following and engagement across all team social media platforms through paid and unpaid programs.
- Manage team websites, including website development, content strategy and execution.
- Lead the development of a team mobile application(s).
- Work with Game Day presentation to ensure digital marketing has a place in the production and fan engagement strategy
- Identify monetization opportunities and work with partnerships, ticket sales and e-commerce to drive revenue via team digital, social and mobile platforms.
- Establish and maintain processes to ensure effective and timely execution across all digital platforms.
- Support strategic business objectives by infusing digital recommendations into broader marketing plans.
- Manage digital marketing budget and staff.
- Manage relationship with key technology and agency partners.
- Champion innovation at NYCFC across all areas of the team.
- Work with all internal departments to ensure delivery and fulfillment of promised deliverables and assets including but not limited to: Sponsorship Sales, Community Relations, Marketing and Ticket Sales
- Ensure all content and production elements are on brand with team guidelines
- Work in conjunction with MLS on any/all league initiatives as well as to ensure NYCFC is abiding by all league rules
- Work with broadcast partners as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, business or related field
- At least five years working in digital marketing for a major team and/or league
- Excellent in content generation, development and execution
- Knowledge of new technology platforms
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems under high pressure situations and tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of digital marketing from back end to front end management and execution
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to create story ideas and tell those stories via print and video and infographics
- Must be able to travel when required
- Must have proficient computer skills with a strong understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays, if necessary
- Strong work ethic, team oriented attitude and enthusiastic about creating to the success of the organization and department
How did you hear about this job?