Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Development Phase Performance Analyst – New York City FC Academy with New York City FC in Orangeburg · NY
New York City FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orangeburg · NY
Player Operations: Player Personnel/Scout
JOB TITLE: Development Phase Performance Analyst – New York City FC Academy
DEPARTMENT: Sporting Department
REPORTS TO: Head of Performance Analysis
LOCATION: CFA New York, – NYCFC First Team Training Facility
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
New York City Football Club (NYCFC) was announced as the 20th Major League Soccer franchise in May 2013. The club kicked off their inaugural season on March 15, 2015 at Yankee Stadium. Owned by the City Football Group (CFG) and Yankees Global Enterprises, New York City FC is positioned for exceptional success in the country’s most prominent city.
New York City FC already ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, sponsorship, local broadcasting and retail merchandise sales.
The games are broadcast locally through Yes Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit: https://www.nycfc.com/
- To support the delivery of performance analysis services within NYCFC’s Academy and first team
- Training: film, code and database training sessions. Produce engaging, age-specific educational video content relative to best practice team, unit and individual performance;
- Match day: film in wide angle & live code all academy games relative to the academy playing philosophy and best practice coding system. Deliver tailored individual videos to each academy player after each game;
- Best Practice: Understand, collect & update all tactical & technical best practice databases relative to team, individual and position specific performance;
- Performance Tracking & Development: Database, track and develop all individual learning objectives for each player within our academy;
- Performance Tracking & Development: Facilitate, support and feedback information on our weekly academy coach education process;
- Performance Tracking & Development: Track each academy's team, player & coaches utilization of our online video feedback tool. Be creative in finding ways to increase its utilization & engagement;
- Performance Tracking & Development: Contribute to the overall wider working and development of the 1st Team Performance Analysis Department
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively convey messages to colleagues, coaches and players;
- An enthusiastic approach and proactive attitude;
- Must have good knowledge of soccer – either as former player, coach or similar;
- Must have good computer literacy skills and able to assimilate new software.processes quickly;
- Familiarity with major Performance Analysis software (Sportscode, Piero, Second Spectrum), Microsoft software (Excel, Powerpoint), Mac software (Keynote, iBooks Author) and Editing software (Final Cut Pro. Adobe Suite) strongly preferred;
- Familiarity and experience filming sporting events (ideally soccer) from a coaching perspective is preferred;
- Have flexibility to work differing hours on a weekly basis (including evening and weekends) – as agreed each week – depending on the game and schedule of First- and Academy-Teams;
- Ability to manage workload, set deadlines and priorities and good time management skills
- Compliance with Club policies;
- Compliance with the Club’s health and safety procedures;
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably expected;
- To maintain professional conduct at all times
- NYCFC Head of Performance Analysis on day-to-day-basis;
- Technical Director for departmental updates;
- NYCFC Academy coaches, medical and sports science staff and other staff that works with the team on a day-to-day basis;
- Academy Players for delivery of analysis through various mediums;
- NYCFC First Team Coaching Staff
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer;
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times;
- Ability to travel
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have performance tracking and database management experience?
Do you have relevant soccer experience? Please explain.
What interests you in exploring a career opportunity with NYCFC?