Housekeeping Manager - Nashville Soccer Club (Nashville · TN)
Nashville Soccer Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Nashville · TN
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Custodial/Housekeeping
In December 2017 Nashville was named the 24th team in Major League Soccer. Nashville Soccer Club began play in Major League Soccer in 2020 at Nissan Stadium and will move into a new soccer-specific stadium in 2022.
The Housekeeping Manager will assist the Director of Housekeeping in managing all housekeeping operations at the new 30,000-seat Major League Soccer Stadium. The main responsibilities include overseeing day-to-day and event housekeeping staff and maintaining the highest level of cleanliness for the stadium.
- Scheduling and supervising the daily activities for all housekeeping staff.
- Training all housekeeping staff on the proper procedures, supplies needed, equipment required and the proper cleaning techniques for the stadium.
- Scheduling the cleaning of stadium offices, restrooms, carpeting, locker/training rooms, exterior of the building (glass, facades, lighting, railings, steps, etc.), suites, loge boxes, back of house rooms, employee locker rooms and concourse.
- Establishing staffing levels and hiring the housekeeping staff.
- Conducting performance reviews and any discipline of staff.
- Enforcing company work and safety policies for all housekeeping staff.
- Maintaining the inventory and procurement of the housekeeping supplies. This includes the supplies for all daily tasks, events and anything needed at our training facility.
- Maintaining all of the housekeeping equipment including training the staff on proper usage, storage of equipment and repairs.
- Working closely with the Senior Director of Facility Operations, Director of Event Operations and Director of Safety & Security daily to ensure the building is ready for all upcoming events.
- Maintaining positive working relationships with service contractors and suppliers that do business with the Stadium.
- Daily responsibilities include:
- Generating daily punch list of work that needs to be completed
- Ensuring staff is staying on task
- Inspecting janitor closets to make sure they are stocked
- Making sure washroom checklist has been completed nightly after events
- Completing quality control inspections
- Ensuring stadium or rented spaces are ready for doors
- Checking “hot spots” before each event
- Responding to emergency situations in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
- Ensuring staffing numbers are correct for upcoming event
- Developing and coordinating all housekeeping projects
- Shampooing carpets for each building
- Cleaning interior/exterior glass within reach
- Cleaning all building seats – portable and fixed (cushions, sides and backs)
- Cleaning suites, which includes complete detail cleaning of fixtures, cabinets, vents, refrigerators, televisions, seating area and restrooms around the suite level
- Detailed cleaning of all public restrooms – fixtures, flooring, partitions and vents
- Detailed cleaning of stairwells – dusting window seals, wiping rails and stairs
- Maintaining concourse flooring on all levels
- Cleaning and maintaining all portable sections of the arena seating which includes metal decking, chairs and space behind each chair
- Maintaining floors in seating bowl
- Cleaning mechanical rooms, including dust, sweep and mop
- Dust lights, vents and cable trays in marshalling area all finished room areas (locker rooms, offices, hallways and concourses)
- Other duties upon request.
- Manage Daytime Housekeepers and Event Housekeeping Managers.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience in management or related field.
- Two- or three-years of experience in housekeeping management or related field.
- Be very flexible regarding work hours, often working multiple shifts, weekends, and the occasional third shift.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and computer skills. Experience in Word and Excel preferred.
- Flexible during events as activities change at a moment’s notice and you must be able to adapt.
- Organizational skills to prioritize work to allow handling of more than one project at a time
- Be able to work effectively with all levels of staff, management, executive leadership and event managers.
- Excellent personal organization skills and exceptional planning skills to avoid reactional situation(s).
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills.
- Qualified Promise Zone residents given priority treatment.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please provide your zip code