Head of Private Event Sales - Nashville Soccer Club (Nashville · TN)
Nashville Soccer Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Nashville · TN
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Event/Venue Booking
In December 2017 Nashville was named the 24th team in Major League Soccer. Nashville Soccer Club (NSC) will move into a new soccer-specific stadium in 2021. The stadium will be the largest soccer-specific stadium in North America seating 30,000 fans.
The Head of Private Event Sales will be responsible for all private revenue generating opportunities at the new stadium to include, corporate parties, meetings, weddings, etc.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a proven track record of developing, cultivating, and maintaining strong industry relationships, with an ability create a private event business that rivals any venue in the country. This person will be a strategic and able to ideate outside the box concepts that can be executed and monetized to provide best-in-class programming for consumers year-round.
- Develop and execute revenue and programming strategy for all non-gameday private events at NSC stadium.
- Oversee the booking strategy to ensure a continual stream of events at NSC stadium annually.
- Proactively solicit new business through sales calls and presentations, attending local trade shows, and engaging in other client prospecting in order to increase the size of the Organization’s potential client database.
- Create leads and develop long-term relationships in the event planning, production, and promotion communities, and with other relevant companies, organizations (e.g., the CVC, the Chamber, etc.), and groups.
- Work closely with the Finance and Legal departments to negotiate advantageous agreements while maintaining budgetary considerations.
- Work with the Marketing Department to create and execute a marketing strategy that makes NSC stadium on of the most sought-after venues.
- Work closely with the Operations Department on contract fulfillment and the operational aspects of each agreement.
- Liaise with the Corporate Partnerships team on sponsorship opportunities for private events.
- Research and analyze market competition to identify emerging event opportunities ensuring that the venue has a constant demand for use of the premium spaces.
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in the hospitality industry.
- Working knowledge of local and regional markets, venue operations, and special events industries.
- Must be able to think outside the box in order to develop revenue opportunities with non-traditional programming/content, willing to take risks to attract new and diverse clients to the site.
- Significant experience with high-level negotiations and closing deals.
- Must have previous experience managing a budget.
- Knowledge of industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the stadium.
- Strategic thinker who is capable of creating and setting a strategic direction and long-term vision of the venue and turning that vision into actionable goals and plans for the organization.
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours (nights, weekends, and holidays).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.