First Facility Operations Manager - Nashville Soccer Club (Nashville · TN)
Nashville Soccer Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Nashville · TN
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Engineering
In December 2017 Nashville was named the 24th team in Major League Soccer. Nashville Soccer Club began play in Major League Soccer in 2020 at Nissan Stadium and will move into a new soccer-specific stadium in 2022.
The First Facility Operations Manager will be responsible for assisting the Senior Director of Facility Operations in leading the staff in set-up, tear-down, conversion and event operations at the stadium.
- Assist the Senior Director of Facility Operations with overseeing event operations for the department, including but not limited to, managing daily stadium operations, conversion operations, and event operations.
- Assist the Senior Director of Facility Operations with overseeing third-party vendor services, including but not limited to, outsourced labor and equipment rentals.
- Manage part-time operations crew and matchday operations schedules, project planning, budgets, and calendars to ensure the department is functioning efficiently and effectively.
- Provide and maintain required training to part-time operations staff including, but not limited to, OSHA, and event operations equipment.
- Provide detailed event estimates and actuals, in addition to comprehensive timelines for major stadium events and conversions.
- Assist with implementation of stadium-wide inventory management process which includes all major equipment, systems and furniture.
- Coordinate with department leads and internal stakeholders to ensure operational support for projects, initiatives, and event deliverables are provided with a high level of execution and professionalism.
- Provide guidance to department team members and contract project managers.
- Assist in planning and managing the department’s annual operating budget and capital budget.
- Oversee install and dismantle of various conversion equipment including temporary flooring, trussing, demountable seating, and chair set/strike.
- Collaborate with the Event Services staff in setting up and converting club and premium spaces, field level, conference rooms and other spaces as necessary to breaking down setup after event is completed.
- Supervise cost accounting expenses for overall budget including, but not limited to, house equipment rental, supplies and services purchased, event supervision and staff.
- Maintain proper inventory and organization of parts and supplies.
- Follow procedures for use of Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Adhere to OSHA, NFPA and other applicable safety codes.
- Function as secondary Event Engineer operating lighting and building systems as needed during events.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Manage part-time facility operations and conversion staff.
- Minimum education level of a High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of three years management experience in operations/facility management.
- Familiar with best practices in operating various sports/entertainment venues, preferably stadiums.
- Experience in planning, overseeing and executing major event facility conversions.
- Proven leader with acumen to grow and operate a department.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read, write and understand English in a working environment.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
- Knowledge of safe work practices, procedures, tools, equipment and techniques used in the trades.
- Ability to work irregular/extended hours; including nights, weekends, holidays (required).
- Computer skills: sufficient computer knowledge to operate BMS and other automated systems including operation of personal computer using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Must possess forklift operator certification or be capable of completing certification on the job.
- Must be able to use hand tools, power tools and ladders.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, climb stairs, lift fifty (50) pounds, and work on catwalks and man lifts at high elevations.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors, subject to adverse conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.