Facility Engineer - Nashville Soccer Club (Nashville · TN)
Nashville Soccer Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Nashville · TN
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Engineering
In December 2017 Nashville was named the 24th team in Major League Soccer. Nashville Soccer Club began play in Major League Soccer in 2020 at Nissan Stadium and will move into a new soccer-specific stadium in 2022.
The Facility Engineer will be responsible for assisting the Senior Director of Facility Operations in leading the staff in set-up, tear-down, conversion and event operations at the stadium.
- Repair and maintain all facility systems and equipment employing various techniques including but not limited to welding and soldering.
- Inspect systems throughout facility to detect malfunctions or breakdowns. Investigate malfunctions or breakdowns of systems to diagnose causes and locate the source of the problem. Implement corrective actions and solutions. Anticipate potential malfunctions or breakdowns and takes appropriate action to prevent or minimize curtailment of services. Operate auxiliary supply systems when breakdown occurs.
- Coordinate shutdown and start-up of utilities when conditions require.
- Perform minor patching and painting throughout the stadium as necessary.
- Maintain proper inventory and organization of parts and supplies.
- Follow procedures for use of Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Adhere to OSHA, NFPA and other applicable safety codes.
- Cut keys, pin locks and repair and adjust door hardware as needed.
- Function as event engineer operating lighting and building systems while answering calls and making repairs as needed during events.
- Climb up to 100 feet to facilitate repairs to the building roof and stadium exterior/interior perimeter lighting equipment.
- Repair and maintain exterior grounds (in conjunction with landscaping services), including snow and ice removal.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Manage one Maintenance Technician and One Electrician.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED or equivalent
- Graduate of an accredited technical school or apprenticeship preferred
- Hold or be capable of acquiring upon hire a master mechanical certificate, HVAC&R certificate; gas and appliance certificate; and a master plumber, journeyman or apprenticeship plumber’s certificate as issued by the Board of Mechanical, Plumbing, and Electrical Examiners and Appeals of the Metropolitan Nashville-Davidson County Department of Codes & Building Safety.
- Minimum of five years hands-on experience in public assembly venues or large commercial buildings.
- Minimum of five years hands-on experience with HVAC equipment.
- Certificates: CFC refrigerant license required.
- Ability to interpret construction and other technical drawings and documents.
- Ability to read, write and understand English in a working environment.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management.
- Knowledge of safe work practices, procedures, tools, equipment and techniques used in the trades.
- Ability to cross-train in other trades and share this knowledge with engineers and mechanics.
- Sufficient computer skills and knowledge to operate BMS and other automated systems including operation of personal computers using Windows and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work irregular/extended hours; including nights, weekends, holidays (required).
- Must possess a forklift operator certification or be capable of completing certification on the job.
- Must be able to use hand tools, power tools and ladders.
- Must be able to walk, stand, bend, climb stairs, lift fifty (50) pounds, and work on catwalks and man lifts at high elevations.
- Qualified Promise Zone residents given priority treatment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please provide your zip code