Director, Business Intelligence - Nashville Soccer Club (Nashville · TN)
Nashville Soccer Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Nashville · TN
Marketing: Business Development
On Dec. 20, 2017, Nashville Soccer Club became the 24th organization to be awarded an MLS club. In its inaugural MLS season, Nashville SC defeated expectations by becoming the second MLS expansion side to win and advance to the Conference Semifinals in the 2020 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs. In the club’s sophomore season, Nashville SC qualified for the 2021 Audi MLS Cup Playoffs after becoming just the seventh team in MLS history to go unbeaten at home in a season. Nashville SC is set to move into its new and permanent state of the art stadium in 2022, which will be the largest soccer-specific stadium in the United States at 30,000 seats.
The Director of Business Intelligence is responsible for leading a team that supports ticketing efforts, sponsorship growth, marketing initiatives, data visualizations, data modeling, and management of Nashville Soccer Club’s data ecosystem. This role will be a leader within the Business Intelligence team who must also possess technical skillsets that can be utilized for tackling analytical tasks. A successful candidate will be excited to lead and collaborate with a team that directly supports revenue growth across the entire organization. We’re looking for someone who welcomes challenges and exhibits intelligence and flexibility when strategizing on how best to solve a problem or answer a question.
If you’re resourceful and enjoy establishing creative tactics for accomplishing goals in an efficient manner, then this opportunity will align perfectly with your passions.
- Lead all aspects of a team in developing organizational reporting, analysis, and segmentation for club initiatives.
- Closely partner with the ticketing team to develop, deploy, and measure products designed to retain and boost revenue from season ticket members, group buyers, single match buyers, and new fans.
- Lead a group dedicated to working with the partnership team on strategic opportunities, valuations, and asset developments based on analytical research.
- Collaborate with the marketing team on all initiatives to ensure strategic targeting for the correct fans with appropriate messaging.
- Cultivate strong stakeholder relationships with executives and department leads that foster effective cross-functional collaboration and alignment.
- Perform daily analytical tasks that boost the overall team’s efforts.
- Manage a data ecosystem and its corresponding ETL processes.
- Drive ad-hoc exploratory project work on new or under-analyzed areas of the business.
- Produce and manage analytical tools, vendors, reports, and dashboards to inform business practices for the executive team.
- Influence major business decisions based on advanced statistical analysis of all known data information to allocate resources, improve efficiencies, and support business operations of all departments.
- Continuously optimize the club’s BI technology stack while implementing best practices learned from other organizations across the analytics industry.
- Assist with yield optimization and inventory management strategy across all phases of the sales cycle including primary and secondary ticketing.
- Manage a business analytics department (including employees and vendors) that has the mission of utilizing data to drive decision making across all facets of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of analytical experience (ticketing, sponsorship, marketing preferred) and database management.
- Experience leading and collaborating with a team to support a constantly adapting, results-driven organization.
- Deep understanding of data architecture, data visualization, and data science functions as it relates to solving organizational problems.
- Expertise in database management and CRM utilization (Salesforce preferred).
- Strong ability to manipulate data using SQL.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools (Tableau preferred) and Microsoft Excel.
- Significant experience with Python, R, and API functionalities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with strong critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and succeed in a constantly adapting environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.