Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Director, Business Intelligence with Nashville Soccer Club in Nashville · TN
Nashville Soccer Club jobs
Sports Jobs in Nashville · TN
Marketing: Database Marketing/Analytics
Nashville is America’s “It City” and a soccer city on the rise. From the CONCACAF Gold Cup to FIFA World Cup qualifying, Nashville is becoming a destination for the nation’s most prominent soccer games. Music City’s local team, Nashville Soccer Club (the “Club”), just started its second season. The Club came off a successful first season; setting league records in corporate partners and season tickets and advanced to the playoffs. Now, the Club is ready for its next step, Major League Soccer. Nashville SC will transition into MLS in 2020 and is recruiting a Director, Business Intelligence to strengthen the Club as it prepares for MLS.
The Director, Business Intelligence is responsible for driving insights through research to assist in the execution of the organization’s year-round business strategy, with primary focuses on managing our CRM (Salesforce) and ticketing databases, evaluating corporate partner relationships and marketing initiatives. This position will play a large part in the overall success of the organization by assisting in the development of market research, communicating potential new opportunities to the Business Intelligence and Ticketing teams, and building and structuring databases focused on corporate partners. This role will also be responsible for mining customer profiles, analyzing behavioral data from multiple platforms and data sources (online transitions, phone transactions, email response data, fan surveying and ticket sales) to support business decision making in product development, marketing strategy and email campaign targeting. This position will also be responsible for qualitative and quantitative analysis using Salesforce Reporting, Tableau and SAS visual analytics.
- Implementation of the Club’s Salesforce strategy, including system design, automation, training, processes, updates to existing data, and coordination with IT
- Responsible for day-to-day Salesforce administration including data entry, data cleansing, user support and training for new and existing users.
- Analyze and interpret data from Salesforce data, Ticket Sales, Attendance and Marketing data
- Analyze and interpret data to build high-quality lead lists and campaigns in Salesforce
- Develop process for scoring and analyzing current and future leads for targeted campaigns
- Build and maintain custom reports to track sales, renewals, invoicing, sales pipelines and other KPIs
- Work with marketing staff to improve lead generation and nurturing for sales and marketing initiatives across business units
- Integrate with internal and external data systems to create in-depth customer records and send targeted communications
- Assist in managing Partnership inventory, rate cards, and other contractual components for the corporate sales and service teams
- Work closely with various organizational entities and key business stakeholders to understand our fans and customers to ensure that data science projects fulfill the evolving needs of the organization.
- Maximize revenues, profitability and organizational efficiency through disciplined adherence to research, analytics, automated reporting, and ongoing recommendations.
- Organize, analyze, and present data from ticket sales and operations, marketing campaigns, merchandise sales, social media interaction, survey responses, capital expenditures, corporate partnerships, and other business areas.
- Import and audit data for various initiatives in the Data Warehouse.
- Use programming languages, such as Python or SQL, to help develop efficiencies and automate processes.
- Enhance Salesforce processes by making recommendations on best practices and researching other sports teams and companies on ways to improve sales and service support.
- Comply with all departmental Salesforce guidelines to ensure information is accurate, deliverables are tracked and fulfilled, and account information is up to date.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to work evenings and weekends to cover events, games and special projects.
- Manage 1 full-time direct report.
- Complete other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research, or a closely related field.
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience in Salesforce, database management & marketing or related experience.
- General knowledge of sports (i.e. understanding impact of event context and applying it to the role).
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and Tableau required.
- Direct experience implementing Salesforce CRM initiatives.
- Experience working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Knowledge of visual analytics tools (SAS VIYA preferred).
- Familiarity and proficiency with Ticketmaster Archtics.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate, collaborate, and sell ideas to peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to lead a team, coach and develop junior staff, and delegate workloads.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have extensive experience working with Salesforce
Have you ever worked with data visualization tools like Tableau