Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Sales Trainee - MLS National Sales Center - June 2018
MLS National Sales Center
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
Start Date: June, 2018
The Opportunity: The MLS National Sales Center is seeking positive and passionate individuals to enter an intensive and highly selective two-to-three month sales training program. The National Sales Center is a performance-based program which allows successful NSC Trainees the opportunity to interview for sales positions at MLS Clubs.
Success Rate: The MLS National Sales Center has produced over 250 hires for 24 MLS clubs over 26 sessions.
How NSC Trainees will Succeed: NSC Trainees are put through a world-class sales training process gaining in-depth knowledge of MLS Ticket Sales by working with MLS clubs and partners, selling premium inventory, season tickets, mini plans, and group tickets. Trainees will primarily use phone and email to market and sell packages, but will also have the opportunity to practice face-to-face selling in select instances. Each NSC Trainee is also provided day-to-day mentoring by upper-level MLS executives.
Success throughout Your Career: We believe a solid foundation allows the opportunity for advancement. In the seven years of the NSC’s existence, over 50 NSC Alumni have risen in the ranks to move into management roles at various MLS Clubs.
Who is Best for this Position: The best candidates for this position must be driven, positive, and have a PASSION for soccer. Specifically, the best individual will meet all the criteria below:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and commitment to be a soccer sales industry leader
- Ability to participate in entire two-to-three month curriculum (evening, weekend, and potential holiday hours)
- Ability to work as a team player
- Proficient in basic computer software programs
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to move to Blaine, MN at the National Sports Center for the duration of the program
- Ability to relocate to an MLS Club immediately following the training session
How did you hear about this job?
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship to work in the United States?