The Ticketing Intern is part of the Ticket Sales and Service department for Minnesota United Football Club (MNUFC), a sports business located in the Twins Cities area of Minnesota and a member of Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier soccer league in North America.
The Ticketing Intern will learn skills in ticket operations as well as ticket sales. This position is highly analytical and technology-based, but requires business development sense and an entrepreneurial spirit as well. This hands-on position will allow you to get experience in most areas of a tickets sales, service and operations department, and promote your career growth in professional sports. This is a paid, part-time, seasonal position based in Golden Valley, MN.
- Utilize SeatGeek, SalesForce and Unify (Ticketing and CRM platforms)
- Organize, set up, troubleshoot and tear down the ticket office area and equipment to be ready for MNUFC and all MNUFC2 home games
- On game days, assist in the ticket office, answering questions for patrons, and support with ticket resolution
- Help prospect for new leads for the sales team
- Build relationships through sales calls and emails
- Assist with daily tasks within the ticketing system
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Ticket Operations or Director of New Business
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or recent graduate in sports administration, business, computer science or relevant field preferred
- Technological aptitude; the ability to troubleshoot complex systems and solve reporting problems
- Team player with a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, resourcefulness, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Previous ticketing or box office related experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and potential holidays, along with a majority of home games/stadium events at Allianz Field and the National Sports Center
- Bilingual skills a plus
MNUFC is a professional soccer club playing in Major League Soccer (MLS), the top tier of soccer in North America, and which operates under the oversight of the U.S. Soccer Federation, a member of FIFA. The Club is headquartered in Golden Valley, MN. Soccer operations are located at the MNUFC Training Center in Blaine, MN, and the team plays its home matches at Allianz Field in St. Paul, MN.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.