Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Team Dietitian with Minnesota United FC in Blaine · MN
Minnesota United Football Club is seeking to hire a Sports Dietitian for a full-time position primarily with the first team. The individual in this position will provide sport nutrition services, education and consulting for elite athletes. The Sports Dietitian will collaborate with the Director of Sports Medicine, Director of Fitness and other sporting and medical staff to promote and deliver nutrition support and contribute to the overall planning and wellness of the Club. The Dietitian works under the direction and supervision of the Director of Sports Medicine and Rehabilitation.
- Coach elite athletes in areas such as daily nutrition for performance and health, recovery nutrition strategies, weight and body composition issues, nutrition disorders/disordered eating, and supplements
- Design and supervise individualized recovery nutrition strategies
- Maintain accurate knowledge and understanding of the leading research in sport dietetics throughout the world. Translate latest scientific evidence into practical sport nutrition recommendations
- Design, track and document measurable outcomes of nutrition services. Analyze and interpret collected data in the context of enhancing athletic performance and health
- Provide individual, small group and team nutrition education in formal and informal settings
- Coordinate domestic and/or international travel nutrition to prepare athletes for training and competition
- Participate in the development of printed, multi-media, and interactive nutrition-focused educational materials
- Evaluate athlete energy expenditure and balance and provide body composition management protocols with athletes to achieve performance and health goals
- Measure and assess body composition using commonly accepted diagnostic tools (e.g., skin fold calipers, DEXA, and/or other diagnostic tools available for testing and evaluation)
- Evaluate food and herbal supplements for legality, safety and efficacy and make recommendations to identified athletes to achieve performance and health objectives.
- Represent MNUFC and MLS at professional conferences and events
- Work as a proactive, collaborative member of an assigned high-performance team to service elite athletes
- Develop positive and productive working relationships with other MNUFC and MLS divisions (e.g., stadium operations) to provide effective service to athletes and coaches
- Perform other duties assigned
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Dietetics, Nutrition or closely related field
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Sport Science or related field preferred
- Dietetic registration with Dietetic Association
- Certified specialist in Sport Dietetics (CSSD)
- 3 or more years of experience coaching/counseling elite athletes at the international national, professional, or collegiate level
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project team or staff
- Excellent communication, presentation and coaching/counseling skills
- Experience working with tools and techniques common in the field of sport nutrition (e.g., calipers, DEXA, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability in developing strategic plans and goal setting
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, fluent in Spanish preferred
- Proven track record of expertise in the field of sport dietetics, soccer preferred
- Office environment, multi-building complex
- Travel domestically and internationally, as applicable
- Non-traditional work hours including weekends and holidays
- Must possess a valid passport or be able to acquire a passport
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have 3 or more years of experience coaching/counseling elite athletes at the international national, professional, or collegiate level?
Do you have a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in Dietetics, Nutrition or closely related field?